Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

One Problem: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Page: 1 of 1
 InitialD
12-18-2003, 2:45 AM
In cloud city when Lando led Han Solo and Chewie and the Princess to the trap room, when Darth Vader sits in the front table and forces the others to join him and eat lunch. Rite... So how did Darth Vader eat his food? And did he scab all the food? Or was Chewiw the hungry one? He probably took his mask off and fainted everyone so he can eat peacefully:band: :confused: :D
 Jabbas WhOr3
12-18-2003, 3:53 AM
VAder uses force "chew".
 InitialD
12-18-2003, 5:35 AM
so the force is his meal?
 Lynk Former
12-18-2003, 7:01 AM
:dozey: be honest InitialD, you're not that stupid... really come on, a little commonsense please... :dozey:
 Lord Siraious
12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
:dozey: be honest InitialD, you're not that stupid... really come on, a little commonsense please... :dozey:

Do I detect frustration Lynk???

InitialD these types of question should be directed at the great people HERE (Star Wars .com) (http://www.starwars.com) Look for the "Jedi Council" they have all the answers to every question you could ever think up about Star Wars.

;)

*laughs evilly*
 Lynk Former
12-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Lord Siraious
Do I detect frustration Lynk???

not frustration. but it's kinda hard to imagine anyone so clueless ya know... I mean no offence ID but *scratches head* these are some pretty obvious and funny questions
 Crow_Nest
12-20-2003, 9:45 AM
Well, maybe vader didnt even EAT anything. ;)
 Jan Gaarni
12-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Well, maybe vader didnt even EAT anything. ;)
Never entered my mind. :D

And who said they got anything to eat? ;)
 Crow_Nest
12-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
And who said they got anything to eat? ;)

Well, if you look at the table when they entered the room, there was some food and drinks.

Also, in the other room, lando said to han and leia. "Care to join me for some refreshments? Everyone is invited.

That means vader too.
 Jedi_Monk
12-20-2003, 2:15 PM
Inside of the Vader helmet, there're these tubes on either side of Anakin's mouth. They're clearly visible in RotJ, and in the DK books, and a book called "The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives." As I recall, these tubes allow Vader to eat a synthetic blend without ever having to take off his mask. If there was any food in front of Vader in ESB, it was incidental; the only place he could eat real food would be in his meditation chamber.
 Skinkie
12-21-2003, 4:47 AM
I saw on the news the other day this guy who hadn't eaten or drinken anything in 60 years because his yoga routine kept him fit. I bet that's how Vader did it.
 Lynk Former
12-21-2003, 7:21 AM
that's impossible :dozey: you can't gain energy without consuming food of some sort, to be fit you need energy in the first place, you can't just make it yourself out of nothing.
 Jedi Luke
12-22-2003, 1:45 AM
Yes that is impossible. All energy that the body exerts is gathered from the consumption of food.
 Skinkie
12-22-2003, 4:48 AM
Hey I saw it on the CBS Noon Update right after the price is right, they evem had doctors coming in and confirming it. It must be possible.
 Jedi Luke
12-22-2003, 7:15 AM
That could be just for Showbiz. If people can survive like that without food, then this Yoga thing should be enacted in countries around the world where food resources are scarce.
 Lynk Former
12-22-2003, 9:26 AM
That's true... if it were true world hunger would be on the way out... :dozey:
 STTCT
12-22-2003, 9:34 AM
Vader shoves the food through the little slats in his helmet....the slats that he breathes out of....ya its kinda gross....but its the only way he can eat. You shouldn't discriminate the man from sitting at the dinner table with his family - just because he's different! :rolleyes:
 Skinkie
12-22-2003, 4:54 PM
The thing is the guy looked like a skeleton, and spend all his time either doing yoga or sleeping, it's not something that's bound to catch on.
 Jedi Luke
12-23-2003, 1:42 AM
He looked like a skeleton? There's NO WAY you can be a healthy person looking like a skeleton. And he justs spends his time doing Yoga or sleeping? He leads a very productive life :rolleyes: .

Oh yeah, as for Vader, well he IS more machine than man. Vader lives off his life support system which provides sufficient resources to maintain his functionality.
 Mini_k
12-28-2003, 1:12 AM
I think he shoved it off the table and made it seem as if he had eaten it....
 Lynk Former
12-28-2003, 7:56 AM
Yeah he just fed it to the drog :dozey:
Page: 1 of 1