Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Death Star Question

Page: 1 of 1
 InitialD
12-17-2003, 11:54 PM
How much Tie fighters can the first Death Star fit? And how much could the 2nd Death Star fit if it was fully completed?

Another question: Why did Admiral Aackbar chose a different attacking formation from that of the First Death Star? Why didn't he use the plans they used in the ANH in the Death Star Trench, instead they flew into a dangerous incomplete tunnel.

Another Question: Why are the Imperials so stupid? Why didn't they cover up the Death Star Trench's end hole (The hole which Luke blasted 2 torpedos in and destroyed the Death Star). In ROTJ, why didn't they have a door that could shut close down the SUperstructure so that no attacks could destroy the 2nd Death Star?

Another Question: Does the Death Star have a hanger that can hold deck on to all the Star Destroyers?

Does the Death Star have a hyperdrive?

Another Question: If Lando in ROTJ new that the shield wasn't deactivated, why didn't he send a few fighters into Endor and shoot the shield generator down?

Last Question: How the heck do you build such a big thing? Stormtroopers flying around putting it block by block? Tie Fighters can't build the Death Star its impossible, so how is this possible?
 Skinkie
12-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by InitialD

1) Another question: Why did Admiral Aackbar chose a different attacking formation from that of the First Death Star? Why didn't he use the plans they used in the ANH in the Death Star Trench, instead they flew into a dangerous incomplete tunnel.

2) Another Question: Why are the Imperials so stupid? Why didn't they cover up the Death Star Trench's end hole (The hole which Luke blasted 2 torpedos in and destroyed the Death Star). In ROTJ, why didn't they have a door that could shut close down the SUperstructure so that no attacks could destroy the 2nd Death Star?

3) Does the Death Star have a hyperdrive?

4) Another Question: If Lando in ROTJ new that the shield wasn't deactivated, why didn't he send a few fighters into Endor and shoot the shield generator down?

1) They didn't have the same trench on the second one, they weren't that stupid.

2) They were overconfident and overlooked these possibilities. The second time they had a shield so feared nothing.

3) If they ever plan on moving it from planet in a lifetime, it must.

4) Cause he would be risking the ground commandos in the blast of destroying it. Also maybe the generator protected itself too.
 Lynk Former
12-18-2003, 1:30 AM
InitialD you amaze me completely :D :p
 Rogue15
12-18-2003, 9:26 PM
www.theforce.net) has alot of the answers you could be looking for.
 Jan Gaarni
12-20-2003, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by InitialD
1. How much Tie fighters can the first Death Star fit? And how much could the 2nd Death Star fit if it was fully completed?

2. Another question: Why did Admiral Aackbar chose a different attacking formation from that of the First Death Star? Why didn't he use the plans they used in the ANH in the Death Star Trench, instead they flew into a dangerous incomplete tunnel.

3. Another Question: Why are the Imperials so stupid? Why didn't they cover up the Death Star Trench's end hole (The hole which Luke blasted 2 torpedos in and destroyed the Death Star). In ROTJ, why didn't they have a door that could shut close down the SUperstructure so that no attacks could destroy the 2nd Death Star?

4. Another Question: Does the Death Star have a hanger that can hold deck on to all the Star Destroyers?

5. Does the Death Star have a hyperdrive?

6. Another Question: If Lando in ROTJ new that the shield wasn't deactivated, why didn't he send a few fighters into Endor and shoot the shield generator down?

7. Last Question: How the heck do you build such a big thing? Stormtroopers flying around putting it block by block? Tie Fighters can't build the Death Star its impossible, so how is this possible?

1. According to most documents, around 7000 tie's of various designs on the first Death Star. The second Death Star would have around 10,000.

2. Because the exhaust shaft that existed on the original completed design on the first Death Star did not exist on the completed design on the second Death Star.

3. It's not called stupidity, but arroganse. :) Oh, wait a second, that's the same thing. :D
For the second Death Star, arroganse again. :) Plus the tunnels were needed during construction.

4. Not all, but atleast 6 at a time.
Plus numerous other smaller attack vessels.

5. Yes, the Death Star has hyperdrives.

6. Because those few fighters would have been hunted down and blown up. As you probably noticed they were alittle busy fighting off the Imperials aswell. :)

7. Tugs comes to mind. :) Space workers, different specialized small and large vehicles, etc ....
But definatly not stormtroopers and Tie Fighters. :)
 STTCT
12-22-2003, 8:35 AM
do u ever feel like smacking your head really hard on the desk?

i never do that...but sometimes....I wonder about others.
 SITH 1000
12-27-2003, 9:16 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
do u ever feel like smacking your head really hard on the desk?

i never do that...but sometimes....I wonder about others.

well sometimes i do because i feel so stupid i just really badly hurt my head but after a long time i haven't been doing it....
Page: 1 of 1