Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

deleting faces

Page: 1 of 1
 Mercenary
12-16-2003, 10:51 AM
I made a model of a ship in gmax which I intend to make into an md3. I need to know one thing before I move on to the texture part, should I delete any unseen faces on the model?
 tFighterPilot
12-16-2003, 11:11 AM
1. How much polys does it corrently have?

2. Don't you want to make it a flyable ship?
 Mercenary
12-16-2003, 1:43 PM
I don't have a crazy amount of polys, I'm just wondering if it's sound modeling practice to delete unseen faces. I will eventually try to make it into a vehicle if it's possible.
 WadeV1589
12-16-2003, 1:57 PM
It never hurts to delete unseen faces, even if it is low poly, your ship may be spawned into a map where the poly count is already high, any extra faces are gonna affect the game. Of course it takes extra time and the affect may be minimal if it's only 20-50 or so faces but yes, delete them...besides it also makes skinning easier as there are less faces to muddle up.
 Mercenary
12-16-2003, 2:10 PM
Thanks, I've been wondering about that for a good week. I built the model in a very strict way because I figured it would make texture mapping, which I've never done before, easier.
 tFighterPilot
12-16-2003, 4:49 PM
How's about some screenshots? :)
Page: 1 of 1