Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Make misc_models move?

Page: 1 of 1
 |GG|Carl
12-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Is it possible to make misc_models be a part of an elevator or something?
 WadeV1589
12-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Select the model first, then select the func_plat, func_door, whatever and hit Ctrl+K.

Same as making a trigger or button for a door/elevator, model targetted at the door/elevator.
 |GG|Carl
12-14-2003, 4:31 PM
Thanks a lot!

But what about the clipmodel brushes? Can I just make them to func_plats, and attach them with the other stuff?

EDIT: Allright, I did what you said, but now, the whole thing refuses to move! Everything (Including the clipmodel brushes) is just standing still on the ground (which probably is a good sign, cause now we know that the whole thing "understands" that it is a func_plat.).

EDIT2: This simply doesn't work! I make a func_plat, compile. Then it works fine. But as soon as I attach the model to it, the elevator just stands still! It doesn't work! What am I doing so wrong? Am I using wrong sort of model? Shall I use something else than misc_models?
 WadeV1589
12-14-2003, 9:09 PM
Once you attach a model to the func_plat, you give the func_plat a targetname so you need to make a trigger to move it.

You can specify a model2 key on the func_plat instead and that will make it work without a trigger but the model must be included in the pk3 in md3 format and you need to make shaders to make it dynamically light.
 |GG|Carl
12-15-2003, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
Once you attach a model to the func_plat, you give the func_plat a targetname so you need to make a trigger to move it.
:confused:
Allright, I select the model first, then I select the func_plat and hit Ctrl+K. After that I select the func_plat, and then I give it it a targetname. But what to do after that?

(This might seem very obvius to you, but I don't get it)
 WadeV1589
12-15-2003, 2:52 PM
Once you do the Ctrl+K thing you're giving the func_plat a targetname (it's how the model is linked to the func_plat). Whenever you give a door/plat and so on a targetname (which you automatically have done) it expects to be triggered manually - i.e. it looses its proximity functionality.

What you need to do now is make a system to activate the func_plat, a trigger_multiple or such targetted at it also that when walked through makes the func_plat move.
 |GG|Carl
12-15-2003, 4:27 PM
I finally got it to work!

Thanks a lot wade! :thumbsup:

Dunno if anyone wanna hear this, but: What I created was an elevator with darth vaders egg on it. It turned out really nice. :cool:
Page: 1 of 1