Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Entity leaked?

Page: 1 of 1
 NeXaR_QroN
12-13-2003, 7:00 PM
I was using GTK 1.3.12 until yesterday, and my map didn't have any leak errors. Now with the 1.3.13, there are 8 entities leaking with no structral changes on the map (I only changed a few the decoration) Someone could explain this to me?

It doesn't affect the compile process, however, but why?
 Lil Killa
12-13-2003, 7:05 PM
Did you make any new detail brushes?
 fattysbox
12-13-2003, 8:23 PM
Funny thing, same thing happened to me...

Here is what I did:

I realized that "ctlr-D" no longer makes detail brushes but instead hides them (hence I have just started using GTK). Pressed it again, and procceded to delete those brushes, and yes I did make them detail before. Went to compile and I got the same error you did - entity leaked. It might have something to do with detail brushes?

good luck
 Lil Killa
12-13-2003, 9:57 PM
Originally posted by fattysbox
Funny thing, same thing happened to me...

Here is what I did:

I realized that "ctlr-D" no longer makes detail brushes but instead hides them (hence I have just started using GTK). Pressed it again, and procceded to delete those brushes, and yes I did make them detail before. Went to compile and I got the same error you did - entity leaked. It might have something to do with detail brushes?

good luck

What program makes brushes detail by pressing ctrl+d? Can't be JK2Rad as I spend 3 days trying to figure out where half my brushes went after I turned detail brushes off by pressing ctrl+d.
 fattysbox
12-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
What program makes brushes detail by pressing ctrl+d? Can't be JK2Rad as I spend 3 days trying to figure out where half my brushes went after I turned detail brushes off by pressing ctrl+d.

Yeah, it was JKRad, but I thought pressing ctrl-D makes the detail brush and does not hide them. Took me about three too to find out where my detail went!!!:D

Oh well, any other ideas about the entity leak thing?
 NeXaR_QroN
12-15-2003, 5:08 PM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
Did you make any new detail brushes?
No, only placed models and this type of stuff
 |GG|Carl
12-15-2003, 5:50 PM
Ctrl+M makes things into details, doesn't it?
 [SASH]Nathan
12-27-2003, 6:21 AM
sum entitys can be placed in the the void ( ok one i think :P ) erm one sec while my brain works its kinda l8 here, path_corner is the one, can be placed in void, causes a leak but wont effect map one bit :) so maybe theres a few others too, could you list the names of the entites that are causing pointfile lines pls ( im just curious )

also if this leak thing does become a big problem u could box off whole map, word of warnign tho sometimes this helps a map and sometimes it makes the map worse to play
 WadeV1589
12-27-2003, 11:47 AM
I remember reading something about the latest compiler versions spurting out a leak if the central box of a model (that cross with a box around it that marks the center of a model) is on the plane of a structural brush or if it's inside a structural brush.
Page: 1 of 1