Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

env/flame_jet

Page: 1 of 1
 Shadow_stone00
12-12-2003, 10:09 PM
is there a way to create a new soundset for this, cause the default one is awful. i tried to add
key: soundset
value:fire_lp

as in at least that fire sound is not as loud and is much more pleasant, but the default is still playing, any ideas?
 [SASH]Nathan
12-13-2003, 2:15 PM
i never tried this, its just a guess but try setting the soundset to 0, and see if it turns it off, then use a target_speaker with the sound u want close to the flame :) you should test this out of the map u makign, i would try for u now but im kinda busy but im sure as hell theres a way to turn that sound off, hope this helps :)
 WadeV1589
12-13-2003, 3:12 PM
It's because the sound is played from the efx file, it's not a soundset, it's just a sound executed by the .efx file, copy flame_jet.efx and give it a new name then delete

Sound
{
sounds
[
sound/effects/fireburst.mp3
]
}

From the bottom if you want to use the soundset key. (efx files are plain text editable in notepad)
 Shadow_stone00
12-14-2003, 2:28 PM
i changed it to this

Sound
{
sounds
[
sound/effects/flamejet_lp.wav
]
}

but now the flame jet doesn't appear, all that happens is that you hear the sound...but just the sound theres no flame jet anymore:(

btw i created a
effects/env/flame_jet2.efx folder
and put that in my base...
and i obviously renamed the value to env/flame_jet2 and left the key FxFile
 Shadow_stone00
12-14-2003, 4:12 PM
i also just tried to delete Sound
{
sounds
[
sound/effects/flamejet_lp.wav
]