Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gameplay suggestions

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Luke
12-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone!

Last night, I had a thought of what this mod could use. Because this mod is the first mod where you play for the Dark Side, how about setting some uniqueness in the Mod. I reckon adding new force powers will make this Mod unique. What do you think? (obviously a lot of coding would have to take place).
 Godzilla
12-12-2003, 12:53 AM
Very good suggestion Jedi Luke! If it becomes so, (I am directing this to Tito :D) could we have Force Destruction? Pleeeeease? If we do, could we not make it a ball that looks like a Michael Jordan basketball pass? But instead, a long blast that whells up in the hands, glowing red/orange, then shoots quickly to wherever the crosshair is. (If anybody had a hard time following that, discard the idea. :rolleyes:)
 Godzilla
12-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Very good suggestion Jedi Luke! If it becomes so, (I am directing this to Tito :D) could we have Force Destruction? Pleeeeease? If we do, could we not make it a ball that looks like a Michael Jordan basketball pass? But instead, a long blast that whells up in the hands, glowing red/orange, then shoots quickly to wherever the crosshair is. (If anybody had a hard time following that, discard the idea. :rolleyes: )
 Godzilla
12-12-2003, 1:01 AM
:eek: OMIGOSH! I POSTED TWICE! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Can't delete! Must and will delete soon! SORRYYYYYYYYYYY! (Enthusiastic, yes?)
 -ST-i_stinks
12-12-2003, 1:27 AM
aww too bad when the jediknight.net set up this forum it didn't enable delete and edit feature...also the so important sticky feature we needed to put some important thread up....... maybe that why when i saw new names on the raj forum they didn't post anything cos they dun noe where to start from?

and hmm this idea is good but.............surely it will take a lot of work to do this and well maybe some other raj staff will answer u since i'm not incharge of this.........
 Jedi Luke
12-12-2003, 3:59 AM
Originally posted by Godzilla
Very good suggestion Jedi Luke! If it becomes so, (I am directing this to Tito :D) could we have Force Destruction?

Thank you.

Force Destruction plus other force abilities is what sparked this idea :D.
 GothiX
12-12-2003, 8:15 AM
How many years do you want to wait for this mod?

It's impossible without the SP sourcecode, and that one isn't getting released for sooooome time..
 Jedi Luke
12-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Use the MP sourcecode.
 Jedi Luke
12-12-2003, 10:55 PM
*sorry for the double-post*

Raven released the mp.exe with mod enhancement capabilities. That's why a MP SDK was released. Apparantly there is scripting capabilities for the mp.exe so that you can pull off a SP type campaign in MP.
 Godzilla
12-13-2003, 12:15 AM
It wouldn't be the same if SP was MP, even if it was like SP. Not as fun, and some of the moves would be obstructed.
 Jedi Luke
12-13-2003, 1:56 AM
Well without the SP SDK, we don't have the SP sourcecode. We're all basically handicapped (even at Dark Forces). We'll just have to work with what we are given.
 Jedi Luke
12-13-2003, 2:09 AM
*sorry for the double-post*

This is what one of our modders said at the DF forums

...the only glimmer of hope is that Raven ultimately released the SP SDK for Elite Force after releasing the Expansion Pack and the MP code, but as you said, I wouldn't bet on it either

At least there is some hope although little.
 GothiX
12-13-2003, 9:56 AM
I'm not basing my answers on what I i]think[/i], I'm basing them on what Ford Dye (RavenSoft) told me. In MP, it's just impossible to do the same as SP simply because of the different engine. Also, you can'do cutscenes in MP, and the map I'm doing for RAJ has some special stuff that can't be done in MP without molesting the engine.

Also, RAJ can now let it all go in utter detail, because of the shaderlimit and r_speed protection in SP.
 Tito
12-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately, new Force Powers would be quite impossible for us to make, as already mentioned...:( Though I'll look into it a bit more...

Other ideas are still appreciated...:)
 -ST-i_stinks
12-13-2003, 2:14 PM
hmm this thread will fit in nicely to the wish list thread don't u think so?

and anyway sent some mails to those German language jediknight related website hoping they will say about us since jediknight.net didn't say about us despite our mails....

hope these German languages site dun ignore us too..........i even play safe that in my mail i include an English and German explanation......and i really can't understand why most site dun list about uswhen we tell them about it while others can..when they mail them....which is what we did....maybe we need to do more things like using the website forum and private message the staffs instead?

(erm this is not intended to end the thread feel free to continue what u all are talking about)
 -ST-i_stinks
12-16-2003, 10:08 AM
maybe u guys can take a look at this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=118909)

it located at the ojp fourm discussing about new force powers and they seem to have a solution to make it i think any way look at it if u want .

juz for ur info that all.
 Tito
12-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Great ideas there... But we would still need a coder good enough to recreate EVERYTHING from the SP-engine to the MP-engine AND on top of that make the new Powers... Would take a buttload of work...:(
 Jedi Luke
12-16-2003, 12:06 PM
I've only had a brief look at C and have only used MS C++ once. I've only looked at a few details of the C language and it definately requires commitment, skill and effort. Dev C++ is supposed to be good and it's free.
 GothiX
12-16-2003, 12:13 PM
The MP engine has too much graphical limitations that cannot be changed unless JA ges opensource. Knowing Id Software, that'd prolly take over 4 years. If this mod is still a WIP by then, you might as well consider it a dead mod.
 Godzilla
12-16-2003, 3:38 PM
Very true, GothicX.
 Jedi Luke
12-16-2003, 10:13 PM
So basically we really really need a SP SDK
 GothiX
12-17-2003, 8:36 AM
On the other hand, we can also leave out the new Force Powers.
 Jedi Luke
12-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Besides new force powers, we really really need a SP SDK.
 Godzilla
12-19-2003, 2:47 PM
Yep. lol
Page: 1 of 1