Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sound won't play, and an error

Page: 1 of 1
 mknote
12-10-2003, 9:13 PM
In my map, I have a room that, with my trigger_speakers, will not play sound. I copied and pasted the ones from my first room, where they work. I have four such rooms, and when I did it in the fourth room and compiled, no sound. There are 12 for each room, except two, and there are 6 in each, plus one on top of my throne room. So I have 37. Does this mean anything? When in game and load my map, I get an error that there is a "light grid array mismatch." While this is most likely unrelated, it is still there. TIA

MK
 [SASH]Nathan
12-12-2003, 1:16 AM
think you using too many target speakers, i got a similar problem where i used 40 to add laods of snd effects to a map and the rain will play in the lower parts of map, but up high is silent , try reducing the amount of speakers and try that, also does any1 know how i can get a globel sound to play in most of the map but, well i mean is there a way to block it in some areas?
 mknote
12-13-2003, 11:35 AM
But still, I need a way around this. And, WTF is light grid array mismatch mean? And finally, how do I add a cloaking device to my map?

MK
 WadeV1589
12-13-2003, 1:49 PM
Speakers are interesting things in Q3 based games, if you have 2 target_speakers in the same room with the same file path then basically only one actually works, the other just tells the game to amplify the sound. I think the only way to actually stop this is to either have 2 files with the same info but different filenames or visually separate the areas.
 [SASH]Nathan
12-13-2003, 1:57 PM
:o i get it now , so by changing the filename i can get the rest to work, sweet as wade, again you saved me bacon :P gonna try it next compile ( no doubt it will :p )
 mknote
12-13-2003, 4:39 PM
Why does it work in my other rooms, which are set up the same way? I could use some help, and since I have cable internet, I can probably upload it if I found a site. (I am talking about the .map file, BTW)

MK
 WadeV1589
12-13-2003, 5:03 PM
I can check to see if this is the same problem, you can get in touch with me on MSN (eternus_insilenti[at]hotmail.com) to send me the file.
 mknote
12-13-2003, 5:08 PM
It's 100 some KB, and in .zip. Thanks!

MK
 mknote
12-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Wade, in the e-mail, it said to add key soundset value sound/effects/torch_burning_lp. (Minus the ".") I did this, and it tells me that there is no ambiant soundset by that name. An error when it loads says "missing soundset." I should have mentioned that I have tried this already, with the same result. That is when I posted here. So, how do I do this? And I have many questions popping up, one about every time I compile. This one is: -vis doesn't seem to work. How do I check to see if it did?

MK
 mknote
12-18-2003, 6:58 PM
"bump"

MK
Page: 1 of 1