Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making worldspawn..

Page: 1 of 1
 Altus_Thrawn
12-09-2003, 9:38 PM
I am embarrased to be asking this, but how do I make the worldspawn in GTK 1.3.12?

I just finished doing the entity properties for a vehicle. I then opened up the entity window, and I was going to scroll down the list to worldspawn, to find there was no list. I tried typing

Key: classname
value: worldspawn

but it said I couldnt change classname back..lol I'm confused.
 WadeV1589
12-09-2003, 11:01 PM
You don't make worldspawn, it is there by default, every new map has worldspawn.

Try resizing the entity window to get the list to appear again, it's just a sizing fault.
 Altus_Thrawn
12-10-2003, 8:17 PM
Another two things..that I should know.

1) How do you make effects? I know you use a fx runner, but what must be in the entity window?

2) Is there a site that is like a "reference source" for JKA, where I can check how to do many things, perhaps like Rich Diesal's (sp) mapping university?
 WadeV1589
12-10-2003, 9:12 PM
fx_runner with key fxFile and value of relative path from effects/ and without the .efx ending e.g. env/waterfall_mist

GTK Information and some help is in the Help menu of GTK.
Page: 1 of 1