Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dedicated Server Help

Page: 1 of 1
 Hypnosan
12-09-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm having a little problem with trying to setup a dedicated server. I'm able to see my server running under "Local", but not under "Internet" when I try to find it. Just wondering how I set it to play as an internet server and not on the LAN. Also a quick question, about Omni Admin Mod for JKA, how do I set the ampass1 and ampass2? Sorry for being a n00b, and thanks for the help.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-09-2003, 2:58 PM
Since you are connecting to your own server locally and not over the Internet, for you it is listed under Local. But if others can see it, they will be connecting over the Internet, so for them it will be in the Internet section.

For questions about mods, check that mod's readme file. They often include a sample configuration file that shows how to set passwords, etc.
 Hypnosan
12-09-2003, 6:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. Finally got it working, I had to enable the Virtual Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) feature on my router, then run my server PC through that. Also figured out the password with OmniAdmin Mod, I downloaded the 1.1 version which didn't put info in the ReadMe on how to set the password, realized I had an outdated version and got 1.2 which had it in the ReadMe file included. Thought it was weird 1.1 didn't have it.
Page: 1 of 1