Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Total Jedi War - TAKING BETA TESTERS

Page: 1 of 1
 darkdreamr
12-06-2003, 5:04 AM
ok.... i got things compiled... and put together..
and now taking Beta testers
heres what im looking for

People with lower end and higher end machines

People who have a server who can test this out with a few friends.. the more the better! clans would probably fit this criteria.

I currently run a 1.8ghz computer with 256 Ram and onboard Graphics card

I consider my computer a Lower end computer.. mostly cause of my graphics card.

ill probably take a good 15-20 people to test this map and give opinions.. if i feel thats not enough ill take more

heres what you do

Email jk3hilts@aol.com

In the subject put TJW Beta test

Tell me the type of computer you have.. (to your best knowledge)
if you will be single testing this or server testing this

I will then send you the map. and current known issues with map

Play with it.. and email me back your opinions and suggestions

keep in mind when single testing I WILL NOT PUT BOT SUPPORT ON THIS MAP. it seems kinda senceless to me cause this is a very very big map.. and i know NOTHING of bot support .. however.. if you feel you may wanna take this on.. please let me know.

please only people who have JEDI ACADEMY and have played it enough to know faults in a map should apply

Thank you!

Darth Doughnut/Darkdreamr

jk3hilts@aol.com
 Jedi Luke
12-06-2003, 5:38 AM
Sounds good. Unfortunately I'm tied up at Dark Forces Total Conversion MOD and am already a Beta Tester for the Reborn Ancient Jedi Total Conversion MOD.
 Sev
12-06-2003, 1:59 PM
i'll help beta test, but u may not want me to for my friends cant find my severs but i can still try it out on my own, if u want?

anyway i do like the sound of the map any way we'll all be like:

:lsduel: :duel: :lsduel: :lsduel: :lazerhead

sry couldnt resit it
 NeXaR_QroN
12-06-2003, 6:17 PM
I will test it if u want. I have an AMD Athlon XP 1700, 768 Mb RAM and a GeForce 2 MX 400 64Mb. Contact me if u like.
 Lindsey
12-06-2003, 7:22 PM
I'd be happy to help test the map for you. I have 2 computers, 1 is 2.2 GHZ the other is 2.5 GHZ. Both with 512 mb of memory, and 128 mb ATI Radeon cards. My email address is lindseymr7@hotmail.com. I know quite a bit about maps, since I made two flying maps of my own.
 darkdreamr
12-06-2003, 10:20 PM
please follow directions.. i only have a limited ammount of download ratio.. so.. PLEASE only if you have a email account that WONT support a 4 meg file.. (hotmail) then click the link.. other wise.. EMAIL me
thank you

Look below for info

http://jk3hilts.rockzz.com/tjw.zip)

Total Jedi War - TFFA Map - Beta
----------------------------------------
Instructions. - unzip into gamedata/base directory of your jedi academy

there are 2 files.. both MUST be in your gamedata/base.

TJW.pk3 - map info and stuff
totaljediwarminities.pk3 - Modified minities mod - without this.. ties will be invisible and if you try to enter it .. your game WILL crash..

Current Issues
------------------------
Sky - It doesnt seem to work on my computer. ive notice MANY maps like this acting up on my computer. so it could just be me. The roof acts like a sky and wont show damage to walls.. however i still get the white boxes ... Let me know if you experiance Sky issues.
as of now i dont know how to fix this

FPS - im running anywhere from 15fps (when i spawn... common in past maps for me) rest of the map usually runs anywhere from 30-70 FPS .. once again.. due to my slower computer i need to know if this is an issue for other computers. try a variation of Bot spawns in great and low ammounts.

Music - i have the music file in the pk3... and my worldspawn points to the correct directory.... why isnt it playing???
----------

What i plan
-------------

I wanna atleast make this a CTF map also.. however i forgot to add the CTF spawn points.. this may be updated in the near future with other releases

------------

as always please let me know if you have any comments on what you think should be modified in this map. and if you have skills to offer.. let me know and we can work on it together.. mabey get a good team together on this :)
 darkdreamr
12-07-2003, 9:37 AM
A Large updated release has just been uploaded to pcgamemods, jk2files and lucusfiles

pcgamemods has it up now.. look for the other 2 soon

this new update has WORKING MUSIC! and CTF support!! WOOHOO!!

Link above will not work anymore! sorry!
 Shotokan
12-09-2003, 3:51 AM
Wow I'd really like to help... But I can't...
 Druid Bremen
12-09-2003, 8:25 AM
<----- Gets a vehicle extension too large error.
 gotcha8903
12-09-2003, 6:11 PM
then take some of the other vehicles out of your base folder
 Druid Bremen
12-10-2003, 7:05 AM
Ok.. I tested it. All in all, it's not too bad, but you need a staircase or something to get up to the ties. Some people don't like having jetpacks you know. Also, the buildings. I think, you should add some variety to them. Add some shaders, like a flashing bar pub sign.
 JoeSolo
12-12-2003, 3:16 PM
I have a ****e computer so i may be good lol

Its a Duron 1.3GHz with 256MB RAM and a geforce 4 MX440
i think that counts as a low spec machine :D
Page: 1 of 1