Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making a sprite with ShaderEd?

Page: 1 of 1
 jodonnell
12-03-2003, 4:25 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to make a sprite for use as a particle in EffectsEd. I'm trying to make a sakura (cherry blossom) which will be generated by an emitter when a saber I'm making hits an opponent. I have the emitter part of it working fine, but I'm having problems with the sprite. I made a quick sprite in Photoshop, and cut out the parts i needed transparent, and saved it as a png. However, in EffectsEd, when adding just a texture, the transparent area shows up as white or black. I've tried adding alpha channels as well, and tried also as a jpg or tga with no success. I think I'm supposed to use ShaderEd to convert the sprite into a full shader effect, but ShaderEd always gives me an error when I try to add an image to a shader. What can I do here? Basically I just need a clip map around the parts of the sprite that won't be seen, but I'm lost as to how to do it. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Nevermind - turns out that while EffectsEd doesn't display alphas, they will work in-game fine.

Cheers,

James
Page: 1 of 1