Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK3-How do i run my own ded server so that it shows on the list and i can play on it

Page: 1 of 1
 Derelict267
11-28-2003, 10:36 PM
How do i run my own ded server so that it shows on the list and i can play on it too on jedi academy?

because i think i did everything right im not sure and when i start my server and i go to the server list mine isnt on the internet list but its on the LAN list and it say Derelict[UDP] i dont know whats with the [UDP] i didnt put that there..what am i doing wrong?i have a router its a linksys wireless-B 2.4 ghz the model number is BEFW11S4. the target line on the short cut is "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jampDed.exe" +set net_port 29071 +exec server.cfg..im not sure if its right..im pretty sure i dont have a firewall unless its built in the router and i have the latest patch and lastest ded server file and everything and heres my server.cfg
// Server Config
seta sv_hostname "Derelict"
//seta g_motd "woot"
//rconpassword ""
// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF
set g_gametype 3

seta sv_maxclients 12
seta g_inactivity 0
sv_maxRate 10000
set g_allowvote 1
seta g_forcePowerDisable 163837
seta g_weaponDisable 65531
seta g_saberLockFactor 2
seta g_forceRegenTime 250
seta g_fraglimit 1
seta g_locationBasedDamage 1
set g_autoMapCycle 0

map mp/duel9

i dont know if i need to configure my router or not..if i do please tell me how..did i do anything wrong..why is it not showing up on the interent list?please help, thanks
 Bilbo Skywalker
11-28-2003, 11:10 PM
with credit to adminAmidala....

seta sv_master1 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_master2 "master.qtracker.com"
seta sv_master3 "63.146.124.53"
seta sv_master4 "204.97.248.90"
seta sv_master5 "clanservers.net"
seta sv_master6 "master0.gamespy.com"

adding those lines to your server config should help get it listed.

To play on it... im not too sure really, but ive seen it discussed on these boards, have a good look around the dedicated server forum, the answer is here somewhere. =D
 Derelict267
11-28-2003, 11:33 PM
thanks but it still doesnt show up on the internet list..i think it has something to do with me having a router..i mentioned in my first post what router i have and such if you know what you're talking about please help me out, thanks
 Hypnosan
12-10-2003, 3:38 PM
What kind of router do you have? I was having this problem with my server. If you're running a Linksys router, here's a possible fix. You need to log into your router, and enable the DMZ feature, then plug your server in through which ever port it runs the DMZ on. For me when I enabled it I had to run my server pc through the #4 port on the back of my router. This worked for me, and a few others who have had this problem.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-10-2003, 6:03 PM
I already answered your question about why you don't see your server in the Internet list in your other post here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119405)
Page: 1 of 1