Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

milkshape or gmax?

Page: 1 of 1
 Mercenary
11-25-2003, 11:49 AM
I want to make an md3 and I would like to know from experienced modellers if it's easier to create in gmax or milkshape. Texture mapping in gmax looks like it might be a pain in the ass, it lacks some 3ds max features from what I read. Building the model isn't a problem but applying textures to a model seems tricky, unlike mapping. Any comments or suggestions (I'm a n00b so go easy).
 90SK
08-29-2004, 9:33 PM
Sorry, but I cant help you. What I CAN say is that if you want to ue 3ds max download the trial version.

You can get an xsi exporter for max 6 here (http://www.maxplugins.de/max6.php?page=1&range=Import%20/%20Export)
 Mercenary
08-29-2004, 9:46 PM
Thanks for the info but did you bother to check the date of the thread? I've already since learned how to model and unwrap and skin.
 90SK
08-30-2004, 2:01 PM
No, actually I didnt, but I was on a posting role so I just posted anyway. Glad things worked out for you:D

HEY! Maybe you can help me! I need a desann body with a reborn head and a cape, could you do this for me?:quesbrn:
Page: 1 of 1