Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stack Overflow!

Page: 1 of 1
 Red Nine
11-24-2003, 9:49 PM
This problem has plagued me ever since I bought TIE Fighter Collector's Edition oh so long ago. I sold it not long ago (at least I think I did, maybe it's still buried away somewhere) but anyways I was planning on getting myself another copy to relive the good ol days with my dual-boot XP/98SE system.

Now, oddly enough this happened on two totally separate computers and OSes - my once-top-line P200Mhz with 24MB of RAM Win95 and a Duron 900Mhz Win ME (gone now). I can install fine, but whenever I go to play the game, I get a DOS screen with the message "Stack Overflow!" and the game won't load. I've never seen anyone else with this problem. CD issue maybe? It did see a lot of... action.
 Skinkie
11-25-2003, 2:17 AM
This probably won't be any help, but that happens to me all the time too. To make it run I'd just try running it from there and windows, back and forth until one would work, usually didn't take more than a couple tries.
 jp-30
01-19-2004, 8:59 AM
I have posted a solution for playing X-Wing & Tie Fighter in Windows XP here, on the Totally Games board;

EASY! XWING & TIE Collectors Edition in XP. (http://pub30.ezboard.com/fofficialtotallygamesboardfrm8.showMessage?topicID) =161.topic)
 MasterN64
01-23-2004, 11:37 PM
i had the same problem, but now fixed. Thx!
Page: 1 of 1