Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber crystal combo advice?

Page: 1 of 1
 darthbane88
11-24-2003, 5:59 PM
Any lightsaber crystal combinations that anyone really likes? I'm using damind + nextor now. Just got jenraux on manaan. Also have rubat, luxum, bondar, & opila. Currently level 19 dark side/female soldier/jedi guardian.:darth:
 eniaC
11-25-2003, 5:26 PM
My primary character is lightside and I use the Solari crystal and the Krayt Dragon pearl w/ a purple crystal.,
which gives you:
Damage: Energy 4-18
Light side: +1-8 vs. Dark side
Damage Bonus: +3 physical
Critical threat: 19-20,x2
Attack modifier: +6
Restricted to: light side

When I use the two handed weapon feat, I use this short saber in my left hand:
Opila crystal and Jenraux crystal w/ a green or red crystal,
which gives you:
Damage: 7-17
Critical threat: 19-20,x2 +2-12
Balanced: +2/+0 vs. two-weapon penalty if used in the offhand
Blaster Bolt Deflection: +5

Sorry I can't remember what I use for the Darkside, but a simple yet easy saber with easy to find crystals would be:
Sigil and Damind make for a good balanced saber in the beginning stages of the game, hope this helps a little;)

Maybe you should come back to the light my friend :):r2d23:
 darthbane88
11-27-2003, 1:33 PM
Ended up using purple w/ sigil+damind in left hand & red w/ sapith+upari. Just finished first time through last night. Only took 3 tries to beat Malak. Just ran around taking out jedi w/ death field & used lots of hyper stimulants w/ master flurry over & over. Equipped w/ Revan's robes, Genoharadan power gloves, Yusani's power shield, brejik's glove/belt & sith mask.:lightning
 eniaC
11-28-2003, 1:13 AM
Yeah, make sure you do the Assasin quest , you get some good stuff (for Darkside), and if you do that quest for light side, start it early so you can get your light side back up.
 Handor Cuca
12-16-2003, 8:59 PM
the ultimate combo's in main hand Solari(found on Korriban also a Light side crystal) and Opila, and in off hand Upari(found on Unknown world) and Opila but aside from that Sigil and Opila, Sappith and Sigil, Bondar and Dammd, Rubat and Sigil, the entire setup would be the Sith Mask, Starforge robes, genoharadon gloves, Adrenaline Stimulator belt(you can buy it at the cantina on Korriban for 18,000 credits), Brejik's arm band, Echani dueling shield. That is probably the most powerfull and defendable setup. And if Dantoine isn't destroyed yet then go back there and get the CNS strentgh enhancer belt, and use that in conjunction with the Karakarin gauntlets you can buy on Tatooine from the Mic'a' Tunis dudes in the spaceport
 Bastilla'sMan
12-29-2003, 3:58 PM
Are any of the Crystals restricted to Dark Side or Light Side?
Or can anybody use any of them?
 darthbane88
12-31-2003, 7:02 PM
None are restricted to one or the other, but some do more damage to dark side. Can't recall which, as I play dark side & didn't use it.
 wanting_info
01-01-2004, 11:46 PM
solari is restricted to light side and if you are light it is pretty good. im not a fan of the light side tho its not very fun.
 wanting_info
01-01-2004, 11:48 PM
solari is restricted to light side and if you are light it is pretty good. im not a fan of the light side tho its not very fun.
 wanting_info
01-01-2004, 11:48 PM
 SpaceButler13
01-04-2004, 2:10 AM
I forgot which one it is, but the one with teh 25% chance of stun worked wonders for me.
 Sivy
01-14-2004, 2:55 PM
Bondar gives you 25% more chance of stunning i think. i use that and a sigil for my second saber. for my primary saber i use sigil and opila for 6-24 damage.
 lotr-sam0711
01-15-2004, 3:03 PM
There are two crystals you can buy after you kill trandoshians(However you spell those weird tall lizzard head things.) on yavin. I think they add two or three points to your atack. Note: when you go to put it in your saber it must be placed in the color slot (If you dont like the colors they make, tough luck!!!).
 txa1265
01-15-2004, 5:22 PM
Yes - if you use the Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian in a dual saber setup, with one side having the Solari and maybe Upari, and the other having the Krayt pearl and another of choice, you will deal brutal damage to anything that moves ... and you will pretty much always hit.

Mike
 Triple R7x
01-21-2004, 1:44 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
Yes - if you use the Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian in a dual saber setup, with one side having the Solari and maybe Upari, and the other having the Krayt pearl and another of choice, you will deal brutal damage to anything that moves ... and you will pretty much always hit.

Mike

How do you get the MotF and HotG crystals? I went to the Yavin space station and the only person there was the rodian. Is there any way to get onto Yavin itself?
 Vrook
01-21-2004, 11:39 PM
I use Heart of the Guardian for color, and Solari and Upari for crystals. (Solari is NOT light side only.)

My double bladed saber does 5-42 damage and 17-61 damage when my strength bonus is counted. (28 or something?)

I forget exactly how I got Heart of the Guardian. I know you have to confront some transodshans on the Yavin space station, I think you do it by visiting everyone of the star maps 3 times. Each time you visit all 4 the trandoshans come back tot he yavin space station and I think its the 3rd time that you actually get to fight them and buy the crystals. I believe that's how I got it, not sure if I left anything out. Anyone else maybe?
 Kitty Kitty
01-23-2004, 9:46 PM
Getting the special center crystals:

First, to get the HoG or MoF crystals, you have to visit Yavin after getting ALL starmaps, but BEFORE you go to the unknown world. The first time in, you should "scare off" the "bad guys". After that, you get a few new items in the Rodian's shop. Go back to the hawk, then come back into the station. This time you kill off the baddies. Now his full inventory is open.

Incidentally, beat him 10 times straight in Pazaak and you get like a 20% discount on his stuff.

As to what these two crystals DO, they actually both modify nearly all other crystals' effects. Sometimes slightly, sometimes fairly dramatically.

Personally, I like to go dual saber. Allows me to use 4 crystals instead of 2, along with both the HoG and MoF.

Primary -
If light side (me): Mantle of Force + Solari + Opilia
Winds up +6 attack, +4 - 12 Energy Damage, + 2d6 damage vs dark side, and massive criticals (17 - 20) +2d6 threat.
If dark side: Mantle of Force + Upari + Opilia
Result +4 Attack, + 8 Deflect, +4 - 10 Energy Damage, Massive criticals (17 - 20) + 2d6 threat.

Off hand -
Either: Heart of Guardian + Upari + Jenruax
result: +4 Attack, + 4 - 14 Damage, + 7 Deflect
OR Heart of Guardian + Solari + Bondar
result: +2 attack, +4 deflect, + 1-10 energy damage, Stun -DC14 25% for 2 rounds
OR Heart of Guardian + Solari + Jenruax
result: +2 Attack, + 3 - 12 Damage, + 11 Deflect.

Really.. depends largely on your jedi class, your play style, and where you are. For example.. having the high deflection combos set up is sorta silly if you're not where there's lots of blaster bolts flying at your head, but very nice if there are and so on.

But anyways ;)

-Kitty

If dark side:
 Darth Rumbaldus
08-08-2006, 6:25 AM
Hello!

I am currently playing through KOTOR again, 3 years later (on the PC this time after completing it on the Xbox before. Hell, it was the only reason I got an Xbox)

Possible spoilers:

Anyway, I got the Krayt Dragon Pearl, then I stupidly gave it to the Sand People Chieftain.

I have a save point for when I first entered the Dune Sea, so is it worth me going through all the Bantha goading and Calo Nord and everything just to get the Dragon Pearl again for myself?

Also, do I have to do anything to the pearl before I can put it in my lightsaber?

Cheers,
Daz
 ChAiNz.2da
08-08-2006, 9:39 AM
Anyway, I got the Krayt Dragon Pearl, then I stupidly gave it to the Sand People Chieftain.

I have a save point for when I first entered the Dune Sea, so is it worth me going through all the Bantha goading and Calo Nord and everything just to get the Dragon Pearl again for myself?
Depends.. personally I wouldn't but I'm sure others here would disagree :xp:

The Krayt Dragon Pearl is only a +2 Damage, +3 Attack crystal.. but it's your call :)

Also, do I have to do anything to the pearl before I can put it in my lightsaber? Nope. Just kill the big beast (which you've already done at least once.. hehehe)...
Page: 1 of 1