Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi and gloves...? Need opinions.

Page: 1 of 1
 eidospsogos
11-22-2003, 8:10 PM
okay, this is a very simple question. how many people think it is appropraite for jedi to wear gloves?

i noticed that no SP human characters had gloved hands. through most of the movies, jedi with gloves are hard to find. luke wore one over his mechanical hand, but i haven't found another instance yet. kyle wore them through his chapters of the game, and still does. but we also know he was originally more a bounty hunter/mercenary type figure than a jedi.

the reason i am asking is simple as well. i am re-skinning the human male SP class and a couple of the arms i have so far i know would look better with gloves. but as this is a star wars game focused on jedi, i would like to be ambience appropriate.

so anyone have any opinions or ideas on this topic?
 Dethsaint
11-23-2003, 10:29 AM
I think a Jedi could easily wear gloves - From my point of view a Jedi can wear basically anything he wants to. If his hands are cold he'll wears gloves. If he thinks it looks cool he'll wear gloves. :)
 Shadow_stone00
11-24-2003, 1:45 AM
it depends, he may or may not look good with gloves, btw rosh had gloves too (kinda)
 eidospsogos
11-24-2003, 1:57 AM
yeah i kind of liked rosh's hand coverings. he had a pretty cool torso design. i am fairly disappointed with the most of the leg skins.

i wasn't wondering what it would like, per se. i was more wondering how appropriate it would be for a jedi to wear gloves. just as it would not be proper for a jedi to be wearing speedos, bowling shoes and a baby bonnet, i am wondering if gloves are appropriate, as they are not frequent in the jedi world that i can tell. but for the most part i didn't really feel many of the skins included with game by Raven were very jedi-like anyway. just wondering?
 Dethsaint
11-24-2003, 7:06 PM
Hehe...

If anyone watches the Clone Wars mini-series on Cartoon Network, you'll see Obi-Wan in clonetrooper armour. I think that basically terminates any restrictions on what a Jedi is allowed to wear since the series is an offical "in-between" Ep:2 & Ep:3 written by Lucasarts. :D
 Prime
11-25-2003, 4:42 PM
I would say in general that it would probably be uncommon for a Jedi to wear gloves. However, if they are part of the "outfit", then I certainly see no problem with it.

Perhaps have options for both a gloved and bare hands versions?
 Kengo
11-25-2003, 5:24 PM
Of course, Luke had that glove over his bionic hand in RotJ too...
 eidospsogos
11-25-2003, 5:46 PM
yeah, i thought about that. and i think i mentioned it. but i think he had a glove on that hand only.

when i was saying something about it being part of the outfit, i was merely referring to the fact that with the human male model, they unwrapped the arm meshes in such a way that it can be fairly difficult to get a clear line where the sleeve should end. so some of the textures i would like to use, would look better with gloves as they would allow the texture to end without that clear line at the end of the sleeve.

but i agree that is uncommon for jedi to wear gloves. so i guess it is just something i will have to work a little harder on.
 MasterSidious
12-03-2003, 11:54 PM
It's cool to wear gloves. Darth Vader does doesn't he? As long as they're not which girl type gloves, unless of course you're modeling a female. DUH
 KissMyGrits
12-06-2003, 2:18 AM
I would assume that gloves aren't quite as flattering as one may think on the big screen. I'm sure Lucasarts would have to have a very good reason to deny a character the intimate look of bare hands. They've never been much in the way of character development anyway. In the games gloves are much more common I'm sure because hands are hard to get looking correctly in the low-poly format. Plus gloves look cool in games, so there.
Page: 1 of 1