Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Supporters

Page: 1 of 1
 Godzilla
11-16-2003, 5:04 PM
Since this is the first big TC (Total Conversion) for Jedi Academy, lets all give the RAJ team some reassurance when it comes to completing this mod. We all know how The Cloned Sith and Party Crasher (just to name a few) turned out for Jedi Outcast. I personally think that this is a great mod in the making. If you haven't checked out their website, DO SO. The screenshots, which show wonderful new effects (my favorite is the steam that comes out of an opening door), new models, new levels, new menus, and just about new everything are great. I want everyone to show the RAJ team how great a job they are doing and give them compliments so this EXCELLENT mod will make it through to the end. (No, they did not pay me to write this.)
 Tito
11-16-2003, 7:04 PM
Wow, thanks man...:)

Maybe we SHOULD pay you for saying this!:p

Not to mention that most screenshots are outdated, meaning that we've improved some of the places... Like the menu, which now looks a hundred times better!:D

Anyway, good to hear such things... We'll do our best to stay alive...:)

(New screenshots coming soon;))
 Neverhoodian
11-17-2003, 11:05 PM
I second the motion.

There's few more frustrating things in a mod community than to have a promising Total Conversion be about 80% done, then suddenly vanish off the face of the earth, never to return.

Keep up the good work. It looks like a real winner.

I think I'll put up a link for this in my sig.
 -ST-i_stinks
11-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
I second the motion.

There's few more frustrating things in a mod community than to have a promising Total Conversion be about 80% done, then suddenly vanish off the face of the earth, never to return.

thanks man for putting our raj website link on ur sig!

for what u have said of a mod suddenly vanish, well most problably there are some few reason for this to happen 1 of them is the mod makers comuters have spoilt and need to reformat their com . of course there are other reason but that the worst senario i could think of for a TC mod maker .wel for making backup on a TC mod is also gonna hard with so many files basic backup tools like diskett.etc wouldn't work much and transfering data to ur fellow team mates through the net will also take lots of time. however u can be more assured as Tito and RAbie(his cousin) have both have a copy of it so the files are mostly safe :)
 -ST-i_stinks
11-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
I second the motion.

thanks man for putting our raj website link on ur sig!

for what u have said of a mod suddenly vanish, well most problably there are some few reason for this to happen 1 of them is the mod makers comuters have spoilt and need to reformat their com . of course there are other reason but that the worst senario i could think of for a TC mod maker .wel for making backup on a TC mod is also gonna hard with so many files basic backup tools like diskett.etc wouldn't work much and transfering data to ur fellow team mates through the net will also take lots of time. however u can be more assured as Tito and RAbie(his cousin) have both have a copy of it so the files are mostly safe :)
 -ST-i_stinks
11-18-2003, 1:34 AM
oops again.... i should try to kick my usual habit of pressing everthing 2 times and above when clcking on a link T_T
 Godzilla
11-18-2003, 2:57 PM
:D LOL.
 Tito
11-27-2003, 6:55 PM
Hmmm... I've been thinking about doing a trailer soon, or perhaps give a lot of people beta-testing positions for the first level... Anyone think that it would help with publicity?
 Godzilla
12-03-2003, 1:39 PM
If we could get a heck of a lot more people, then YEAH!!!! Tito, St, Luke Sirra, GothicX, Neverhoodian, and myself are the original six to support this forum. If we could get what the OJP or the Dark Forces MOD has then it would be great.
 -ST-i_stinks
12-04-2003, 12:49 AM
well for beta testing number i think we will make it moderate like a certain percent get to do it.etc cos if too many is also not good as ppl will feel that any 1 can beta test in and feel their .........(u know.....)then the beta test lv1 will feel more like a demo instead(unless u want to make it a demo!) and asu said lv1 contain too many spoilers..........(well that my view..............)

and ah ha recently if u notice aotc mod juz e-mail a message to jediknight and jediknight.net say them in the news
straight

so probably we do the same thing by shooting an e-mail to them tito do u want me to do that?
 Tito
12-04-2003, 4:25 AM
I'll do that!!!

But yeah, I'm wondering what to do to get people to come here!
 -ST-i_stinks
12-04-2003, 9:39 AM
well then u will have to notice nromal hum behaviour when they surf the web!

for example normally when u surf the net and there a fourms section will u go in and see what it abt( well not much but some)

and after seeing will they post? anything most probably not as they r lazy to register juz to post something plus most of them also doesn't know what to post! especially raj where is a totally new idea unlike mods like aotc.etc where it made from movices or previous starwars game so those guys can jump in straight and post something like oh i remember a level in dark force with a lot of dead bodies lying around! will it be in the dark force mod too? kind of question

so we must develop ways to beat this kind of natural behaviour

there r ways of couse like demo.etc which can attract even more also........:)

of course u can also try minor ways like search engines for things like buisness that is good but for mods well not that good how often do u see ppl go to search engine to search for a jk3 mod? most of the time they will go to jk3files.com jediknight.net to find it :) well but it does help butr not much (yea i managed to make the search phrase jk3 mod on search engines like yahoo andgoogle to place us in the top list when it keyed in :)
 Jedi Luke
12-08-2003, 9:44 AM
Here's to the MOD everybody, *raises glass*, Good luck to Tito, ST, GothicX and everybody else working on the MOD (I don't know your names) and with support and assurance, this MOD will be completed. Cheers.

Nazdorovya ('To your health' in Ukrainian, written in normal english alphabet, not Cyrillic alphabet).
Page: 1 of 1