Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What this is!

Page: 1 of 1
 Tito
11-15-2003, 12:38 AM
The Reborn Ancient Jedi TC is a Total Conversion MOD for Jedi Academy that allows you to take on the role of a Reborn Troop. It takes place between Jk2 and JKA, and will feature lots of new action. There'll be a new HUD, a new menu, a new story, new levels, heavy scripting, voice acting, new characters, and all of that kind.

Here is a quick overview of the story:

"Two years have passed since Kyle Katarn defeated Desann and destroyed Galak Fyaar, along with their hopes to create the perfect Force-using soldier! But lead under the lead doctor on the previous program, the Imperial Remnant has started a new Reborn development program, and has due to the work of the lead-doctor, Jar'al Satic, succeeded in infusing the Reborn not only with the power of the Force, but with a personality! This has lead to major improvements in the program, and they are running a tight operation on the planet Raj, increasing the number of Reborn troops vastly, and replacing the Stormtroopers as the Remnants back-bone! But now, the Jedi Academy has learned about this place, and they are going to launch an attack on the hidden facility, with only one man being able to get in the way: The self-proclaimed Sith Lord: Darth Bandon."

Those of you who've hear the name before are probably confused. But it's pure coincidence that both this guy and a guy from KOTOR is called the same thing... I actually didn't know untill two months ago, and I came up with the name before that...:)

If you want more background, go to http://raj.jediknight.net/projects.htm) and check out the three subpages of extra background... :cool:

Anyway, the MOD is around 20% done and will be out sometime 2004...

For Early Alpha Version screenshots, go here: http://raj.jediknight.net/screenshots.htm).

The site url is http://raj.jediknight.net/!)

There will be regular updates here. If you have any questions, suggestions, remarks, comments, ideas, complaints and etc. post them in this forum (create a new thread for it though)!:)

That's all for now... I'll be back with some comments on what this MOD will feature gameplay-wise... :cool:
 Godzilla
11-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Sounds good. The screenies look awesome. I sure hope this TC gets finished. Please don't quit guys...I BEG you. So many wannabe TCs were created for Jedi Outcast but they didn't change more than the models and (If they were of high quality)the weapons, and all the good ones fell apart. So please don't add to the list of the deceased, guys! =puff puff= Anyway, the MOD looks awesome. Will you be able to drive Swoops or Pods or any kind of Vehicle? Once again I think you will do for SP what The Matrix: Unplugged is going to do for MP. Keep chuggin! (One last question: Why did you name it Reborn Ancient Jedi? Is this just a working title?)
 -ST-i_stinks
11-16-2003, 1:22 AM
IF u have looked at

http://raj.jediknight.net/team.htm)

u will have probably know the answer there it say

"Our team began with two people, who were curious about Jk2 editing. Those where Tito (me), and Rabie (my cousin). Togethere we formed the RAJ team (R for Rabie, A for Alex [my real first name] and J for Jradi [our last name])!"

as u can see the word RAJ come out

as for your other questions , tito will answer u when he came online.

hope this reply to why the raj name is formed can keep u on until titio came online as both of us are in a different time zone i can help answer question in n a differnt time so that the users who post in this fourm doesn't need to wait that long to get an answer.
 Godzilla
11-16-2003, 1:26 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. Once again...AWESOME!
 -ST-i_stinks
11-16-2003, 1:34 AM
thanks for the praise :)

feel free to start a new thread when u feel like it as every new thread created will be important at this stage as it show that this fourm is going to be more & active! plus u will feel great as u become 1 of the first to post something here!:D
 Tito
11-16-2003, 7:46 AM
Well, I can tell you this much about vehicles:

There are two driveable vehicles. One of them is a swoop, and the other is a big, brown animal. I think you can figure out which one, hehe!;)

Concerning the name, well, we named it Raj MOD from the very start, and later when we had to make a real name for it, that was the most fitting name. BUT... The name Reborn Ancient Jedi fits well with the plot, which you'll find out when playing it!;)

I think it's 99% safe to say that we've crossed the point of no return, in a way. We'll try our hardest not to give up!:)
 Godzilla
11-16-2003, 4:56 PM
Thanks for the reassurance Tito. A big, brown animal...That would probably be the dewback or the bantha considering that the game goes back to Tatooine. I can't wait to play this!
 Sounds Risky
11-16-2003, 8:20 PM
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but there already is a Darth Bandon character in Star Wars.
 Tito
11-16-2003, 8:26 PM
It wasn't intentional...

Actually, I didn't know that untill the MOD was well on the way! The name was thought out LONG before I heard that there was a guy with the same name in Knights Of The Old Republic... For a second there, I wondered if they stole the name from me, but I guess they didn't:D (or did they?:p)!
 Godzilla
11-16-2003, 8:53 PM
LOL:D
 -ST-i_stinks
11-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Tito:

two driveable vehicles. One of them is a swoop, and the other is a big, brown animal. I think you can figure out which one, hehe!

Godzilla:

A big, brown animal...That would probably be the dewback or the bantha considering that the game goes back to Tatooine. I can't wait to play this!

well the big brown animal i think sound more like a rancor since there is rancor vehicle in the game..

hee hee.
 -ST-i_stinks
11-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Sounds Risky
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but there already is a Darth Bandon character in Star Wars.

It wasn't intentional...

(originally posted by tito)Actually, I didn't know that untill the MOD was well on the way! The name was thought out LONG before I heard that there was a guy with the same name in Knights Of The Old Republic... For a second there, I wondered if they stole the name from me, but I guess they didn't (or did they?)!

well this sound familiar i remember hearing it some where through our old webhost http://www31.brinkster.com/rajproject/)

i juz can't remember who said abt this darth brandon.........
 Godzilla
11-17-2003, 9:14 PM
Is there a word better than awesome to describe this mod? I can't think of one. Anyway whatever that word is...IT DESCRIBES THIS MOD!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 Godzilla
11-17-2003, 9:14 PM
Is there a word better than awesome to describe this mod? I can't think of one. Anyway whatever that word is...IT DESCRIBES THIS MOD!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 Tito
11-27-2003, 6:48 PM
*bump* to keep this on top!

Ehm, could someone please get a moderator to STICKY these? It's really the thread every newcomer should read to begin with!:)

Thanks in advance...
 -ST-i_stinks
12-09-2003, 5:59 AM
lol Tito erm if u notice our forum is the only 1 without any moderators and also most of the moderators assigned to the hosted forum section, are the mod leaders,members themselves so maybe the jediknight staff forgot to add u to be the RAJ forum moderator tell them about it :) and also be sure to made other important threads like announcements,wish list,screen shots bla bla
and other important things to go on top *sticky*
 Jedi Luke
12-09-2003, 7:07 AM
Oh yeah, I just realised, the names of the mods aren't listed. Oh well, we know who the moderators are.
 -ST-i_stinks
12-09-2003, 11:39 AM
well but the sticky feature is 1 of the very important things we wanted....
 Tito
03-07-2004, 3:50 PM
*bumped for convinience*
 -ST-i_stinks
03-25-2004, 7:29 AM
well the problem is solved for u ..(we still can't edit our post) and letget back to topic

:)
Page: 1 of 1