Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Pushable/Pullable Objects

Page: 1 of 1
 _PerfectAgent_
11-08-2003, 4:20 AM
I'm having this problem making objects you can force push and pull. I tried turning a brush into a func_door and that worked fine, but the problem is that I can't set the distance I want it to move when it is force push/pulled. I need help on this, thanks!
 Andur_Sunrider
11-08-2003, 12:40 PM
I to have been wondeirng how to do this. Although I dont even know how to make an object pushable or pullable. Is there some way you could make a distance or height key and they add the value of how far? kind of like an elevator.
 WadeV1589
11-08-2003, 12:46 PM
I've not looked into force pushing or pulling objects, but if you use a door, you can use the lip key to specify how far it should move.

I would guess though that if you make a trigger_multiple that can be force pushed/pulled and added a script to it you could move it using the script. Nothing more than a guess though going with the fact you can move entities using script. I don't know how you'd determine which direction they were pushing in tho...

... go to www.map-center.com) and ask there, Raven (works for Raven...) will tell you how to do it.
 _PerfectAgent_
11-08-2003, 5:11 PM
Thanks! I'll go there.
 idontlikegeorge
11-09-2003, 4:27 AM
I'm pretty sure most of that stuff is done with the func_static entity, and ICARUS scripts with it.
Page: 1 of 1