Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Quinlan Vos???

Page: 1 of 2
 Aaron Smith
11-05-2003, 2:33 AM
I'm in the beta stages of what I think is a damn good Quinlan and I wanted to get some opinions as to wether it should be JA exclusive, or if enough people still play JK II to warant making it playable in both.
 Lil Killa
11-05-2003, 2:37 AM
I say JA as I don't play JK2 any more....

Also some pics would be nice... This is/sorta a beta thread after all.
 Aaron Smith
11-05-2003, 2:41 AM
I'd love to post some pics, but I got nowhere to host them.
 Miko Reglia
11-05-2003, 2:49 AM
heh, i think ja only sounds right...

anyway, need a beta tester?!?!:D
 Aaron Smith
11-05-2003, 2:55 AM
Sure, I've got a few changes to make tonight. I'll send it to you tomorrow. Right now it's JA only.
 Lil Killa
11-05-2003, 3:22 AM
I'll host them for you..

Emal me the pics at:

austinm316@hotmail.com

and I'll have them up as soon as I see them.
 Miko Reglia
11-05-2003, 4:26 AM
k cool aaron, just email it to me if ya can, or just try catching me on msn...

then i can play with it and check for any mistakes, which i doubt there would be:)
 Hellfire Jedi
11-05-2003, 10:16 AM
I can't wait for some screenshots of this thing. I dunno who he is, but more models from modelers, the better! ^_^

P.S. Aaron, how goes the work on the hitman model:confused:
 [JKZ]_Yun
11-05-2003, 4:36 PM
Hey this is a good idea Aaron rebel spy was makeing a Quinlan model too sometime.....
 Mex
11-05-2003, 7:16 PM
Originally posted by Aaron Smith
I'd love to post some pics, but I got nowhere to host them.

Host the pictures on www.uploadit.org) they host for free! ;)
 CaladienJedi
11-05-2003, 7:45 PM
Im gonna have to say JA only. Cause when you make it for jk2 and you use it in JA, some of the animations are still messed. Unless you were planing on having 2 different model.glm's =\
 Aaron Smith
11-06-2003, 4:18 AM
 Aaron Smith
11-06-2003, 4:24 AM
Ok sorry, the first and last link will work if you copy and paste it all to your adress bar.
(nevermind I fixed it)
And Caladien the ja animations are kinda screwed up as it is, I mean load a model in modveiw with the JA humanoid and watch all the animations, there are a few that I'm not sure how they got past the guys at raven.
 ObiKast
11-06-2003, 5:09 PM
:eek: Awsome model dude.

I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!
 [JKZ]_Yun
11-06-2003, 5:31 PM
ObiKast you are always saying:

I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!

to all models you have replyed on ...
 tFighterPilot
11-06-2003, 5:35 PM
Not everybody are as creative as you :amidala:
 RJW_ca
11-06-2003, 8:12 PM
HEY CAN I TEST OUT YOUR MODEL!!!!

I love your work and would like to test out your model
--I could creat some sounds too if you like!!!
--He looks great

GUYS IS THIS THE WAY HE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE?

probably so

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com
 The Cheat
11-06-2003, 8:54 PM
Originally posted by ObiKast

I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!
 CaladienJedi
11-06-2003, 9:27 PM
Tis a work of art aaron.

yes i agree about the animations. They look like they have been rushed. Hopefully a patch will fix those.
 ObiKast
11-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by [JKZ]_Yun
ObiKast you are always saying:

I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!

to all models you have replyed on ...

That simple phrase, say all what I need to say about the models ;)
 Miko Reglia
11-06-2003, 11:26 PM
well i just tested out the model, and its great. i didnt notice very many problems other than the fact that when you walk, the arms go past the vest type thing, but its just a minor detail that probably cant get fixed, so its all good. you may want to have like marz or someone touch up the torso of the skin though aaron, im not sayin your a bad skinner or all:D , but i think it could be worked on better!:)

anyway, its all really good, and i cant wait until its final release!:)
 Aaron Smith
11-07-2003, 2:26 AM
Okay..... The color scheme is taken from a newer comic that I felt was a little more realistic than a jedi runing around in bright orange like most of the comics with him in them. Mabey I will throw in a variation with the orange outfit. I will try and improve the skins, I'd like to get good enough that I don't have to rely on someonelse to skin everything I do.
Of all the model types I've worked with, the jedi garb is the trickiest to weight. If you weight the vest edges to the upper arm bones so they move with the arms, then they tend to stretch way to far. If you don't then they clip. Personaly I think the shoulder or clavical bones could have had more range of motion.

PS. Alexi I forgot to say in the E-mail I sent, I put an NPC file for Quinlan in the beta , if you wanted to play around with it in single player.
 wannadie
11-07-2003, 4:36 AM
I would say make it for JA but include an extra .glm in the file for JO, if you can be bothered, if not........just JA.

looks cool.
 Miko Reglia
11-07-2003, 4:40 AM
ooo ok ill try that out when i can...

are ya gonna send me "the other model", too?;)
 Tarados Gon
11-07-2003, 1:23 PM
Looks good. I thought the Qui-Gon reskin was good enough for me, and I didn't think there would be any reason to make a model. But after I saw those pics I don't think like that anymore. I can't wait for this model.:)

And by the way I don't see any reason why you should do this model for JO. But that's only because of the fact i own Jedi Academy;).
 Miko Reglia
11-07-2003, 10:59 PM
one thing i noticed though, is that hes sorta on the thin side, you may want to beef him up a bit more or maybe make his clothes a bit baggier, cause i think thats what he looked like in the comic books...
 RJW_ca
11-07-2003, 11:54 PM
HEY Aaron CAN I TEST OUT YOUR MODEL!!!!

--He looks great

can you reply to me so I know if I can enjoy your great creation??

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com
 Tesla
11-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Looks kinda cool. :)
Skin needs working on, but thats a start :D

BTW who is QuiLan Vos ?
 idontlikegeorge
11-08-2003, 12:50 AM
 Miko Reglia
11-08-2003, 5:11 AM
HEY Aaron CAN I TEST OUT YOUR MODEL!!!!
--He looks great

can you reply to me so I know if I can enjoy your great creation??

RJW_ca "OUT"

dude, really, no need to be sucking up or anythin, lol, if he feels he needs some people helpin him out, then he may make some indication...
 RJW_ca
11-10-2003, 3:44 AM
I'm currently working on Sounds for the model
--I think you guys will really love this!!
I'm giving him a Native Indian feel to it he says an Indian chant while twirling around his saber--almost done the sounds
I should be done by tomorrow...I had to go see Matrix 3
but I'm back working on him tonight

THIS IS GOING TO BE KOOL__THE MODEL IS AWSOME!!
thanks Aaron for letting me do sounds!!

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com
 Miko Reglia
11-10-2003, 4:30 AM
ok dude, no need to post 3 times...

use the edit, deleate button...
 RJW_ca
11-16-2003, 2:08 AM
I've been trying to get a hold of you-- so I can give you back the Quinlan_Vos model WITH SOUNDS --my e-mail isn't letting me send to your address--keeps saying not online---do you have a different e-mail or I can send it to you threw Yahoo messanger

RJW_ca "OUT"
 Aaron Smith
11-16-2003, 6:18 AM
Try sending me just the sounds, My inbox can only handle 2 mb.
besides I've already changed the model a bit.
 RJW_ca
11-16-2003, 5:51 PM
I've tried and tried to send them threw e-mail even just the sounds but it doesn't work--do you have a messenger like yahoo I can send you them threw there

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com or RJW_ca@rogers.com
 CaladienJedi
11-16-2003, 6:09 PM
Did you put them in a zip?
 RJW_ca
11-16-2003, 6:54 PM
yes I even added put them in ADD to .zip it is 1.64MB and it still won't let me send it to Aaron Smith's e-mail--it says it's too large but I can't cut it down any more.

please help!

RJW_ca"OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com or RJW_ca@hotmail.com
 CaladienJedi
11-16-2003, 7:33 PM
Send them to me, and Ill try sending them to him.

Caladien@msn.com

It should fit fine, 3mb inbox.
 RJW_ca
11-16-2003, 7:49 PM
Thank you for offering but can I trust CanadienJedi???
It's just I don't know you--I'm sorry--but it's up to Aaron
Aaron Please give me a responce back
--it's your call!!

I really want to send you those sounds so you can tell me what you think and so we can have this model ingame

and can I test out an updated version of the model as well
I hope he can have a robe on --because I see the character in comics alot wearing a robe.

RJW_ca@rogers.com

RJW_ca "OUT"
 CaladienJedi
11-16-2003, 8:29 PM
Aaron knows me. Matter of fact my little brother Hellfire jedi got aarons 3dsmax working agian... :D

But if ya dont want to, thats alright.
 RJW_ca
11-16-2003, 8:38 PM
Like I said it's up to Aaron but I hope that as soon as I'd give you these sounds you give then right straight to Aaron so we can have Quinlan_Vos in game--but it's up to him

RJW_ca@rogers.com

RJW_ca"OUT"
 CaladienJedi
11-16-2003, 8:39 PM
Rgr :)
 Prime
11-17-2003, 5:54 PM
I'm really looking forward to this... :)
 Teenwolf
11-17-2003, 8:02 PM
Why would anyone vote for jka only? Whats the point it still goes to jka! If you voted only your a moron, and its really messed up that your tryin to screw jko out of a great model.

Please read that and think bout the logic behind voting jka only!
 Miko Reglia
11-17-2003, 9:45 PM
the reason why we want it for ja only is because some of the weighting is different for jk2 than ja, with the left hand, so dont call us idiots dude...

plus, why dont you get ja?
 CaladienJedi
11-17-2003, 9:46 PM
Originally posted by Teenwolf
Why would anyone vote for jka only? Whats the point it still goes to jka! If you voted only your a moron, and its really messed up that your tryin to screw jko out of a great model.

Please read that and think bout the logic behind voting jka only!
The main reason is, the animations in jka are sketchy as it is. Now to make it on the JKO skeletion, it would make the animations even more messed(they forgot to weight one of the hands for jk2 model glm', raven always forgets some tiny detail O.o ).

Anyway, I think people voted for JKA because most have switched over to it...no reason to call us idiots, just buy JKA...
BTW, Did you get the sounds to Aaron Yet? I cant wait to see this ingame :D
 Teenwolf
11-17-2003, 9:59 PM
Originally posted by Zaknafein
the reason why we want it for ja only is because some of the weighting is different for jk2 than ja, with the left hand, so dont call us idiots dude...

plus, why dont you get ja?

I have had it. Hated it. Shouldnt have bought it cause wasnt worth the money i spent. Sold to stupid friend for full price heh.
I hate it cause the game itself is shallow. It was tottally dulled down like 1,04 in JK2 but worse.

Ive seen models made for both Jk2 and Jk3 that work for both. Dante model for instance. Two seperate models. Works fine.
It has to have a different skeleton. Im aware of this.

Plenty of people still play JK2.
 idontlikegeorge
11-18-2003, 3:00 AM
I'd take JA over JO after the 1.03 atrocity.

Atleast JA has siege mode. And is much more open for SP modding. Now just need SDK for MP modding as well.

So, how far is this model from being released? No rush, just wondering... it's a cool model, and a different human male model then the others.
 RJW_ca
11-18-2003, 8:38 PM
HI! GUYS!!
I sent the sounds to Aaron Smith through MSN Messenger just waiting for his reply(we chatted for awhile -a good guy)

Aaron said he was thinking that Quinlan_Vos should be an angry character even at one time in the comics he joined the sepratists
I tried to make him act alittle tough in the sounds--Quin even has a couple Indian chants with a war drum beatting in the background

--I hope to know what he thinks about the sounds using the model ingame(Aaron listened to them randomly but they weren't in the model).

--I might have to adjust the volume of the sounds after it is aprooved so the war chants and Quinlan's voice follow the same tone(but that won't take long as the sounds are already recorded)

I was hoping that Quin will have a robe, because I see him with one in the comics--but I think Aaron's not sure. if he will do so
anyway--It's gonna be a KOOL character!

RJW_ca

RJW_ca@rogers.com
 Miko Reglia
11-18-2003, 9:20 PM
ok rjw, he's making a robe for him, both hooded and non hooded, so its cool!:cool:
Page: 1 of 2