Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stupid music troubles

Page: 1 of 1
 mknote
11-05-2003, 1:41 AM
I am getting real tired of this music problem. After fixing a sky problem (thanks for the help) I came across another. I am making a swamp level and I want to add the Yavin Swamp music from JO. I know that it is in the JA .pk3, as I have extracted it. Still, when I go into the level, it says that it isn't a dynamic music, or something like that. No music, no level, because I am a perfectionist. So, now for the million-dollor question: how do I fix this? And I STILL can't find how to get the textures I need for my former JO level turned JA level. Any help here, too. Thanks in advance.

MK
 mknote
11-06-2003, 1:27 AM
I hate to be obnoxious, but I do have little patience, that is one of my flaws. Could someone please reply to this, so that I at least know that people have read this and are trying to help. I am sorry for the impatience.

If anyone wants to see my "clan" map I made for JO and why I am having trouble, just ask. I'll e-mail it (the BSP and .map) to you. Thanks again.

MK

P.S.
Does anyone know if RichDiesal is going to make any new tutorials? I know that he retired from JO, but what are the chances of him taking up JA mapping?
 _PerfectAgent_
11-06-2003, 11:05 PM
About the music problem, for some reason, Single Player gives me problems with music, possibly because the music needs to be dynamic (type of music changes depending on the situation). But make sure that the directory in the worldspawn for the music is music/yavin1/swamp_explore.mp3 or something like that.

Now, for the textures, you'll have to copy those missing textures into the .pk3 for your level as not all the textures in Jedi Outcast are in the Jedi Academy assets files.
 mknote
11-16-2003, 7:46 PM
Look at my P.S. Does anyone think he'll be back?

MK
 Greymon
11-16-2003, 9:20 PM
Make sure you are using this slash: / in your path to the music. The worldspawn info example uses \ but that is wrong. I've experimented with this and it will give you that error if you use \.
 Druid Bremen
11-16-2003, 10:32 PM
I don't think he will be back, although I really need him back. He stated he had real life problems .
 gotcha8903
11-17-2003, 6:23 PM
does anyone know of any good JA tutorials. The ones ive found are all for quake 3 and too much is different, and I need some tutorials on the areas Rich Diesal was going to cover but never finished.
 lauser
11-26-2003, 2:41 PM
mknote, you should be able to use ANY music file by making the proper folder in base first. Make a music folder in base then put the MP3 or wave that you want in there. When you do worldspawn ---->Key: music Value: music/yoursong

Don't forget afterwards you need this folder in your PK3 too.

PS use MP3's for your music files as they are much smaller files.
 mknote
11-27-2003, 4:15 PM
Lauser, the problem was fixed. There was no way for you to know this, so it's not your fault. But I'll keep in mind what you said. Thanks, because I didn't know that.

MK
Page: 1 of 1