Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

filling large spaces

Page: 1 of 1
 Szico VII
11-04-2003, 7:31 PM
i was just looking for ideas on how to make a large hall look more... full. any ideas? what can i do?
 _PerfectAgent_
11-04-2003, 9:51 PM
It all really depends on the theme of your map, such as if it's a temple or a base or something. But you generally should put columns or a support of any kind, but don't clutter it too much or it'll be a bit hard to get through.
 Szico VII
11-05-2003, 1:57 PM
its a space station.... mostly.
 _PerfectAgent_
11-05-2003, 4:37 PM
Oh, in that case, you can have supports that go kind of like this

_______
/ \
/ \
/ \

You can also use air vents and include windows on an outside edge. You can have pipes going at the top (use actual cylinders or textures) and light sources. You can also use target_speakers at certain points for sounds of machinery (such as close to a power supply area or something that would naturally make sound when it operates).

Hope this helps! :thumbsup::naughty:
 lassev
11-05-2003, 5:39 PM
I think you should start with the question "what is the hall for?" Even the imperials didn't build halls just for the fun of building halls. Is it used for storing equipment? Then you should have crates, possible some methods that are/were used to move those crates. Or is it a hangar? The most obvious detail for a hangar is the imperial shuttle (some even go as far as putting there TIE fighters or the most daring use X-Wings). Or it might be a garage for AT-STs or swoop bikes, or what ever.
 Szico VII
11-08-2003, 3:10 PM
its a landing bay, but its also a garrison area, where the major fights happen in the levels, theres a massive battle, but in the middle, theres just floor. any kind of obstacles i could sue? i ve got a huge laser door, but it still looks a bit empty.
 GothiX
11-08-2003, 5:03 PM
Thinks. Would you, if you were an imperial, place your garrison inside a hangar bay? Where there is fuel present 24/7? I, for one, wouldn't.
 Szico VII
11-08-2003, 7:12 PM
theyre in a sealed off area that opens when the see you..

but thats not really the help i was loking for.
 shukrallah
11-09-2003, 2:26 AM
Well, it is a game gothicx, i doubt anyone would think of that, and if they do then........ i dont know. Put md3s in, ones that wont look out of place, and have something to do with the area... since you said landing bay, maybe some ships.... or fuel tanks :D im kidding. Maybe some nice curved pipes... they always look nice.
Page: 1 of 1