Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems with Mod View

Page: 1 of 1
 AzureAngel
10-30-2003, 1:01 AM
wehn i run it it gives me an erro msg
File system call made without initiazation
any idea how to fix this?
 eidospsogos
10-30-2003, 1:11 AM
where do you have the program installed....?
 AzureAngel
10-30-2003, 1:49 AM
JA directory

why?
 eidospsogos
10-30-2003, 2:04 AM
it needs to be in a folder titled base in order to function properly, otherwise you get all sorts of weird errors.

the program has trouble recognizing over a certain amount of layers in the file path.....and just as the game, requires base be in the path. i have mine setup in it's own folder, but still have a base folder which holds modview and all the info i extracted from the assets1.pk3 in the same file path that the game would load from.....

i.e base/models/players
base/models/weapons 2

and so on and so forth.....

set up your files exactly the way the gamne would load them, put modview in the base folder, and you should get rid of practically all errors.

if you already have yours setup in this manner, then i can't think of why you would get an error. also be sure your humanoid folders are in the models/players folder.....as this is needed for proper animation.
 [FotF]Maddog
10-30-2003, 2:48 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115742)
Check the link above. Enclosed in my post is a tutorial for modview for JK2 and shortly I will have a version up for JKA
:mad: Dog
Page: 1 of 1