Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modview

Page: 1 of 1
 [FotF]Maddog
10-23-2003, 2:05 PM
I am sorry if this question has been answered before but is there any way to get custom models like Dash Rendar to show up in ModView in JKA. I am trying to do a skin on it and I cant get it open and I have deleted JK2 and I gave the game to a kid in the neighborhood, didnt want it to go to waste. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:mad: Dog
 Prime
10-23-2003, 3:06 PM
Are you are refering to JO custom models in the JA ModView, or what?

To open a JO model (custom or otherwise), you'll need the _humanoid.glm (?) file from JO...
 [FotF]Maddog
10-23-2003, 5:15 PM
I am talking about custom JO models and I can not get them to open and I get an error message about the bones.
:mad: Dog
 Prime
10-23-2003, 6:16 PM
Yeah, this is the problem I was mentioning. The new ModeView uses a new _humanoid.something, which is found in the models/players/_humanoid directory in JA's assets1.pk3. JO and JA models have different bone structures, which is why when you try and load a JO model it says the number of bones is different.

The way I got around this was to replace the _humanoid file with the one from JA (after backing of the JA one, of course). This allowed me to load JO models into the new ModView. Without that JO version of the file, you might be out of luck...
Page: 1 of 1