Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Want a Hilt Tutorial for MS3D?

Page: 1 of 1
 alaris
10-22-2003, 4:53 PM
I saw Psynex's tutorial on getting a hilt in JA using Gmax. Is anyone interested in me making a Milkshape tutorial? When I made several hilts for JO, I had many peeps ask me to make a tutorial that not only included how to get it in game but aslo how to make it.

So basically this tutorial would go through the steps of making a saber hilt from scratch--anyone interested?:saberb: :saberg: :saberr:
 eidospsogos
10-22-2003, 4:57 PM
i would be very interested in a turtorial dealing with that.....though i have had limited experience with gmax and milkshape, but if you were to create a tutorial i would probably use them more often.....wouldn't know if you could use those programs to edit existing player models would you?
 Wudan
10-22-2003, 5:40 PM
Currently milkshape can edit player models, but not really export them for ingame use - 3dsm would have to do it (or XSI, methinx)

Anyway, I thought Emon wrote a hilt tut for MilkShape ...
 alaris
10-22-2003, 9:31 PM
That's cool---anyone have a link to it? I'd like to take a look at it.
 alaris
10-28-2003, 2:10 PM
Perhaps a name of the person who made the milkshape hilt tutorial?
 eidospsogos
10-28-2003, 2:54 PM
and in all actuality, i have been looking around and have had better luck finding plugins for milkshape to export models than i have for 3dsmax.....i cannot find a md3 import/export tool for 3dsmax.....nor a glm import/export tool for 3dsmax....while milkshape has a glm importer, and a md3 importer/exporter.....so with the help of md3 view i have had much more luck with milkshape than with 3dsmax.....if someone knows where to get plugins of this nature for 3dsmax, please let me know.....because i like the program better, just find my options with it rather limited at the time
 alaris
10-28-2003, 5:09 PM
finding plugins for 3ds max can be a bear.:chew1
Page: 1 of 1