Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disable of certain weapons

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthStorm
10-21-2003, 10:18 PM
How do I disable certain weapons??

Like mines,detpack,rocketlauncher and keep the rest??

Please tell me? is there a list like the force powers??

STorm
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-22-2003, 12:05 AM
 <|FeaR|>Storm
10-23-2003, 11:55 PM
thx
but thats for a jk2 server dont work on JA. ;)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-24-2003, 12:13 AM
It still applies, although there might be some changes due to the new weapon (concussion rifle). I don't have time to test it, but here is how you can:

Each weapon is assigned a value that is a power of 2 (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc.). Start a Solo Game with no bots on a map that has all the weapons (like mp/ffa1, Vjun Sentinel). Type /set g_weapondisable x in the console, where x is one of the numbers I listed above, then restart the map with /map_restart. Then wander around and see which weapon was disabled. Write it down with the number you used, then use a different number and restart the map again, repeat. You should be able to come up with a list of weapons for each value. Then to disable more than one weapon, use /set g_weapondisable n, where n is the sum of the weapon values for the weapons you want disabled.
 Andy867
10-27-2003, 2:47 PM
go the http://www.jk3servers.com) and under like server programs, there is a weapons caculator, as well as a force caculator.
 Nemesis787
11-18-2003, 2:19 AM
You are correct about disabling weapons in JA. The calculatorsout there are not designed for JA. When ou use them you will usually end up with the wrong weapons disabled and I have not found any resouces that are accurate for a JA server. The new concussion rifle is what throws everything off. The other issue is that its very hard to determine the numerical value of the concussion rifle as its place on the weapon list is not known. the disable code that will eliminate all weapons as well as ammo etc is 4294967295 this is the only setting I have found that truly disables all the weapons as well as the ammo paks. The value given by darth cobra is incorrect ( if you use the value notice that the server loads ( when you join the server you see it load a weapon) the havyblaster-ST rifle or heavy repater I cant remember which one). stop by www.jk3servers.com) and take a look at the server settings. notice that many duel / saber only servers use the 4294967295 code for disabling all weapons. I would like to have some of theses admins fill us in on how they calculated this value, which would help us get accurate weapon disable codes. I have tried to disable all weapons after the bowcaster and was unable to get the right value so I just disable them all. I am very dissapointed tha raven/ lucasarts has not yet released the SDK so that we can get accurate values.

If anyone knows the correct values please start a thread and make it sticky so we can disable the weapons we want to.
 Kramerika
12-23-2003, 2:26 PM
Does anyone know what the values are to disable each weapon or a resource where I can get them? The Jedi Outcast calculators do NOT work correctly with Jedi Academy even though it seems there is a false perception that they do.
Page: 1 of 1