Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starting a new Server...

Page: 1 of 1
 EmmaFromSweden
10-18-2003, 7:58 PM
Hey-hey! Firstly, I don't know if this is where I should be posting this but never mind, hehe. :)

Okay, I was thinking about starting my own server and I have some questions that I hope somebody can answer!

What do I need..? What computer spec. and connection? At the moment I have a 1,8Ghz, 512 RAM and a 10mbit per second connection. Is that enough?

And... umm... I remember back in the "ol' days" when I used to be an admin at this server. It had a mod or something that let you use am-cmds, e.g. /amkiss, /amspin etc. Where can I get this mod?

Since I'm gonna be away from next week for 13 days, where can I find some people to look over the server for me?

And also, is it easy to start a new server and get people to play on it or do you need to be like extremely dedicated and spam people with the address, putting up banners all over the net and stuff like that? Or will people just come?

Thanks for answering my questions ;)
If you want, you can add me on AOL, my addy is EmmaFromSweden :) Hehe (Just like my name here on the forum btw, hehe :))

Bye! :D
 topshot
10-19-2003, 1:28 AM
I'm guessing you're talkin' about the Vulcanis Admin mod. *looks high and low for it in all the places he knows might have it.* Nope, I have no idea where it is. Try something similar, like JediPlus or something similar. Or maybe someone else may know where it is......

or perhapsJedi Academy Mod 1.4 (http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=86) would be your best bet.

Oh yeah, this belongs in the Request forums (or General Help. I dunno which, but yeah.)

EDIT- Oh wait a minute! (I'm such a doofus! :p)
Here it is! (click me!) (http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=638)

But seriously, try Academy Mod. It has many good emotes and features!
 Jed
10-19-2003, 3:35 AM
This would be best answered in Dedicated Server Help, EmmaFromSweden. I'll move it there for ya ;)
 Andy867
10-19-2003, 5:42 AM
Typically, a server with these specs is good

AMD/p4 1GH+
512MB PC2100+
40+GB 7200 RPM IDE OR SCSI
at least a CABLE/DSL/t1 Connection.
 |GG|Carl
10-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by EmmaFromSweden
And also, is it easy to start a new server and get people to play on it or do you need to be like extremely dedicated and spam people with the address, putting up banners all over the net and stuff like that? Or will people just come?
Hmm... You play Jedi Outcast, don't you?

However, the best way to make people join your server is to make it unique in some way, like running a special map(or mod) that people likes.

PS. More swedes to the forums! Yeah!:D
Page: 1 of 1