Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sky Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles87
10-17-2003, 2:11 AM
Ok, I have the new version of Radiant, and... well, none of the skies work for me... :mad: Please help
 Zer0-L0giC
10-17-2003, 2:38 AM
For almost all of the levels in JA, we used entity suns. Basically they work the same way as normal light entities, but there are a few things you have to do to get them to work. This is why the sky shaders don't emit light. Check this link out: Click here for a tutorial on entity suns (http://map-center.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1533&sid=c3894203db82ca5652546fe912836cfd)
 Lil Killa
10-17-2003, 2:52 AM
I think he ment that they just aren't working....

If that's the case then make sure not using the actual sky pictures that you see in game and instead use the actual sky shader image for the sky that has sky writen on it. If that isn't what your doing wrong then it could be a map pack. If you have the JKII FFA map pack some skies don't work properly with that for SOME people.
 Cryptoguy
10-20-2003, 5:34 PM
How do you make skies is it by creating a brush outside and using a sky texture is is there a way to add it ?

Iv'e looked in the manual that came with radiant but it just says something about scripts ?
Thanx in advance :D
 shukrallah
10-20-2003, 7:36 PM
no, just give the walls or the ceiling the sky shader you want, it will do the rest for you. :)
Page: 1 of 1