Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

vehicles

Page: 1 of 1
 slick118
10-16-2003, 2:46 PM
Does anyone know the timescale before player controlled vehicles will be implemented?

I know speeders and swoops are coming soonish but what about ships?
 Jo
10-16-2003, 2:54 PM
the Space Expansion isnt expected for quite awhile. they are slaving over it, but it's least talked about at the moment. don't quote me, but i dont think it will be out till after new years..or close to it at least.
 Jan Gaarni
10-16-2003, 3:14 PM
The original timetable for releasing the Space Expansion was a year after the initial release.

Now though, I wouldn't be too suprised, though very disappointed, if it came out much longer than that. :)
 Diables
10-16-2003, 4:34 PM
If they give me a speeder in the next few months I can wait 1 year for a ship.
 Aschar
10-16-2003, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by Diables
If they give me a speeder in the next few months I can wait 1 year for a ship.

heheheh :D

..or at least a speeder bike...:cool:
 Jan Gaarni
10-16-2003, 8:29 PM
Vehicles will be in long before the Space Expansion comes out.

Unless something terribly wrong happens with that feature. :D
 Jo
10-17-2003, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Now though, I wouldn't be too suprised, though very disappointed, if it came out much longer than that. :)

Unless something terribly wrong happens with that feature.

your just trying to jinx us aren't you?
 Duffalpha
10-18-2003, 5:33 PM
Thats one thing that will be terible if they only release like 5 vehicles and every person on naboo has a carbon copy of your speeder, like houses.... I might even quit if they dont make some variations on vehicles so everyone is diferent, and the same thing goes with ships, its gunna blow when half the people in the galaxie have there own corellian freighter modified like the milenium falcon, there should be hundreds of ships, same goes with guns...we need more than the 20 guns we already have
 nightslayer78
10-20-2003, 10:01 PM
I wonder what bikes and speeders they will have in the game?
 EwokWarrior
10-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by nightslayer78
I wonder what bikes and speeders they will have in the game?

I would say swoops, landspeeders, uh, maybe T-16's? (doubtful about the T-16) Other than those guesses I can't think of much other types.....
 Terrick
10-22-2003, 4:16 AM
I hope they make the space expansion using a combat engine similar to the last of the 'X-Wing series', X-Wing Alliance. Yes, the systems mamagement and stuff can be a little overwhelming at first but it pretty simple once ya get the hang of it and much more realistic. And it had a a good amout of different player flyable craft. I am looking forward to hopefully buying a YT-2400. a YT-2000, or a PES. How many folks are gonna go lame and pick a YT-1300? :p

I wouldn't want a flight engine like the 'Rogue Squadron' series of games. That would suck big time.
 JediMasterEd
10-22-2003, 10:10 AM
They said that the vehicles are going to be tested on the Test Server between the beginning of October and the end of November so we may see vehicles in the middle of the month of December maybe?
 Wraith 8
10-22-2003, 10:10 AM
well speeders are al fine and dandy... but have you ever seen a speeder bike or a speeder go up a vertical wall? didnt think so.. im sticking with mounts. A Kaadu.. in my eyes the best ways :)
 GSR_Yoda
10-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Im afraid when they implement speeders that its going to be so laggy that its unusable to anyone without a top-notch system and connection :c3po:
 LordBigJ
10-23-2003, 1:20 AM
well first off everyone cant use mounts.. or atleast thats what the devs told me on the Stratics IRC chat (only for CH although he diddnt specify lvl?? novice??). As for the vehicles Spoops and Speeders and no variations just 2 exact same. as for the expansion i hear it will be a 3-4 ships / factoin tops .. right now they said they had xwind and bwing etc i think he said 2 / faction 1 fighter and 1 transport. Personally i just canceled the subscription about 10 min ago i will ride out til they try to charge my card again and i am out ... FFXI looks WAY WAY better IMO, plus eq2 will come out soon i think SWG with into of EQ2 will die sorry StarWars means u get all the StarWars fanatics but Eq= Online RPG God. As for SWG they need to get their act together because they have HELLA compitition coming up and they dont hvae **** ... the game runs like **** i am bored have all my stats maxed exploits everywhere i seem to walk on air once a day, way way way screwed on video options (i have a A64Fx with a radion 9800 so i am cool) but if i had a 1500+ xp or something i would want to be able to change resolution to atleast 800x600 and 16bit color to get some frames back not to mention the detail down more than they alllow. Second wtf a small medium and a large house (ohh and a pa hall that takes 9 lots :( omg) can we say borring ... make some more content ... can it be that hard to make? a model for a house.. ok even better played made floorplans ... if u have a master architect u could make 3x story a good Arch = 2 story and a novice can make 1x story ... and u can make it like sims even choose ur siding or brick and ur floors and for god say make it where u can put **** on walls without stairs rotf. yeah yeah yeah i bitch and complain but guess what they lost my ass... and many more (i know of 12 in my guild alone and the guild only has like 200 peeps that have quit in the last month) this game flat out sucks :( ok... now flame on me cuz i said starwars sucks call me a whiner go on i know the little kid comes out with his 15 bux and says its fun though... lol

15/month + 40 bux to buy it better be good :)

/catch breath

Thanks for fun chatting everyone i might pop in to check still incase the game does get better ;) anyone wanna buy 2 accounts rotf.. almost 900 million credits on one :)
 impala
10-23-2003, 2:36 PM
Sorry to see ya leave......

As for vehicels I hope they add Pod Racers, think of all the possibilites there. Races, new professions, etc.
 EwokWarrior
10-23-2003, 7:03 PM
If you were really selling an account, I'd act so fast.....but Maubi would go bye bye.....dammit....
 LordBigJ
10-23-2003, 8:55 PM
people here take up for the game so much i see it really ticks me off... goto a real non biased site like www.mmorpg.com) they let u post whatever u wish and i mean the polls show it 90% hated this game...
 LordBigJ
10-23-2003, 9:33 PM
Content removed
 MaximumGain
10-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Ok. Sorry man. Hope to see you around agian someday. I've waitred for this game for about 6 years and I'm not going to stop playing
 Aschar
10-24-2003, 6:01 PM
ditto
 Salieh Maeh
10-24-2003, 6:28 PM
There are lots of people complaining about the game, but it's all stupid. I for one love the game regardless of it's flaws. I love how the dev team is working so hard at fixing them too. But if you don't like it, you're just wasting your time here. Go find a different forum and a different subject.
 SWG Fan
11-06-2003, 11:24 PM
It is known that there are gonna be speeders(like lukes old one on tatooine) and swoop bikes(like dash rendars in shadows of the empire) in late november and early december.
Page: 1 of 1