Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tips on Gerrard V

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue Renegade
03-27-2001, 8:12 PM
Gold Medal Requirements:
Completion Time: 5:15
Enemies Destroyed: 33
Accuracy: 30%
Friendly Saves: 6
Bonuses Collected: 0

TIPS:
1. Know your priorities: Missiles, lasers on buildings, lasers on ground, AT-PTs, then TIES. This rank is based the the enemy threat to your y-wings.
2. Take out targets en route to others. For example, although missiles are a bigger priority than lasers, go ahead and take out the first 2-3 lasers en route to take out the missiles around the perimeter of the city.
3. Do not shoot or worry with the big ships on the buildings. The y-wings must disable them with Ion cannons. Ignore them.
4. Unless you use the passcodes (toughguy & iamdolly) conserve your missiles for the missle launchers and the laser tower in the second city. But if your shield strength is low (indicated by color of your ship in the top left corner), go ahead and use them up.
5. In the second city after taking out the initial targets, you must jet to the far side of the city to take out a laser tower, missile launcher, laser, and 2 AT-PTs pretty quick. You'll need 3 good missiles to take out that tower at least.

------------------
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)

[This message has been edited by Rogue Renegade (edited March 27, 2001).]
 General_Kioet
03-27-2001, 11:12 PM
why use missile when it only takes 3 laser shots to destroy a turret with the advanced laser upgrade? you'll get higher accuracy. Save your missiles for at-pts, and the huge turret in the second city.
 Rogue Renegade
03-28-2001, 12:38 AM
I guess the question is "why use missiles against the missile launchers?"

In my experience, unless you use a passcode or are returning after completing later missions, your shields will be ripped to shreds by those missiles unless you knock them out fast. The AT-PTs, though requiring more laser shots to destroy, and much less lethal. I guess my answer is time. I can blast away at the AT-PTs without losing anything--there's the accuracy. But knocking out the Missile Launcher fast protects my defenses.

You must remember, I'm writing these tips from the perspective of those who are just tackling each level. With advanced shields & lasers it is much easier of course, but newer players will not have them apart from "toughguy".

------------------
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)
 General_Kioet
03-28-2001, 2:13 AM
oh, ok. i guess the missiles against missile launcher makes more sense now, since they don't have seeker torpedoes yet and can fire the torps rapidly.
 Redwing
03-29-2001, 3:41 AM
Ignore Wedge and the 128th Interceptor squadron he's so worried about. Unless you want gold, killing them is not necessary, and missle turrets and turbolasers are a much bigger worry. Also, the TIEs here are impossibly fast, so killing them would take to long. PRIORITIZE! BTW, the tall turbolaser tower must be taken out to complete the level.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Wade Vox
03-29-2001, 3:29 PM
I find Gerrard V quite easy (silver on first try). Like Rogue Renegade says, take out the missile launchers first.
Page: 1 of 1