Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tips on Corelia

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue Renegade
03-23-2001, 7:07 PM
GOLD REQUIREMENTS:
Time: 10:00
Kills: 50
Accur: 20%
Saves: 95
Bonus: 1

TIPS
1. Yes, you MUST use the "Speeder"
2. Yes, you MUST learn to bring down the AT-ATs!
3. The Bonus on this level is tough, and its the first in the game. After protecting the Tech Center and the Falcon Scene, look for the Bonus in the city cluster directly ahead. You'll see two Storm Troopers. You can blast them, hits brakes, and get low. Head to your left over two short rectangular buildings and you'll see a glowing yellow box. This is your bonus. Grab it, by running into it. Then, pull up and to your right--out of the building. Now go get that Walker!
4. Learning to take down the Walkers (AT-AT) without stressing is the key to this level and a couple future levels. What stinks is you'll have to start the game over and over to do it. There are NO shortcuts. This is exactly what you'll have to do.
5. When dog-fighting, it's okay to leave whatever you're protecting to chase the Bombers. They will turn back to bomb if you don't.

TIPS ON AT-ATS FROM LucasArts:
Bring down the walker (AT-AT): Don't fly at the walker; you don't want it to be directly in front of you. Instead you want to get side by side with the walker and then hit the secondary weapon button right when you are next to it. If you just hear 'click click' when you fire that button, then you are not close enough to the legs of the walker yet. Also, don't wait for your wingman to tell you to fire the harpoon. Just release it as soon as you are next to the walker. Once the cable is released, your screen will change and you will get a different view of your ship. You are still controlling your ship so you need to make sure you immediately start to turn to the left or the right (depending on which side the walker is on) to continue circling around the walker. Don't get too far from it or your cable will be released. Once you have circled around the walker three times, he will fall and you will be able to continue in the mission.

------------------
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)
 Rogue Renegade
03-23-2001, 7:14 PM
Oh yeah:

The Speeder seems pretty slow. Turning with the brakes on is VERY SLOW! I have found it best to just let 'er go. In other words, when circling the AT-ATs or turning to chase TIES, do so at regular or thrust speed--the brakes make it too slow.

I only use the brakes on 4 occasions on this level:
1. To knock out the probe droids in one pass at the beginning.
2. To slow down to get the bonus.
3. & 4. To blast away at the AT-ATs for boosted accuracy before roping them up.

------------------
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)
 trainee
03-23-2001, 8:40 PM
Rogue Renegade:

These tips are very helpful. I like the way you list them level by levle and step by step. New players can just go to the level they have trouble with and grabe the tips.
There are lot of hinding things that a new player could not figure out easily. Like in the Noonah, I would never know that shooting at the landing ship can increas the accuracy.

Back to this level. the main problem for me is time. By the time I finished those tank drois and three speed boat and went to grabe the bonus(usually took 4-5 run), the commander would say "We lost good people, Abort the mission" or something like it.
Also, I could not found the where the AT-AT was hinding.
 General_Kioet
03-23-2001, 9:04 PM
i'll help you with this one.

go to the coast, and go north, then when you're near the city, get ready to turn left, it's hiding behind the mountian.
 rebel alliance
03-23-2001, 11:13 PM
yep by the capital building its hiding behind the at-at
 Rogue Renegade
03-23-2001, 11:30 PM
Ignore the gunboats! If they're convenient on the way somewhere else then take 'em out, otherwise ignore 'em.

After the Tech Center, get the bonus. I know it took me a VERY LONG time to get it. Now, its a snap. Just slow down,glide left & down to scoop it up. Where you begin your approach is critical. I used to fly to the right then make two turns down corridors to get to it, but it took too much time and often destroyed my ship. Find the best way for you to easily get it on the first try -- that's important for the time issue.

Next, the AT-AT's will not hide. Just follow the orange navigation light (always pointed up when heading in the correct direction). I like to come behind the rascals. Note there are TWO Walkers on this level.

The only thing that should divert you from the Walker is the bonus. Do not stop for anything else! When you're done with the first one, you'll head back to take out a couple Chicken Walkers (AT-STs) and Troopers. Then a Walker (AT-AT) on the way.

You can do it!

------------------
 Rogue Renegade
03-23-2001, 11:39 PM
I think I may know a part of the problem. Are you using the assignment Navigation Radar? Corellia was the first level that forced me to seek help a few years ago and the first time I learned what that thing was.

You cannot fly around and try to tackle the mission on your own. Timing and sequence are very important! Learn to use the navigation system. The orange field will always point in the direction of your assignment--you're going in the right direction when it's pointing up. When you reach the area of your assignment, the orange band widens and eventually fades, showing you are exactly where you should be.

If you already knew this, I apologize. Otherwise, this may seriously help!

------------------
 Redwing
03-24-2001, 6:47 AM
The radar screen is a HUGE help also because with it no enemies can hide http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

The bonus here is the HARDEST to get (in fact all others are pretty easy) because of the speeder's repulsorlifts. Often you will helplessly fly directly over the bonus, prevented from nosing down into it. The trick is to sight it from far away, nose down as much as possible as high as possible, and dive for it. You MUST memorize it's exact location in the city.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 General_Kioet
03-24-2001, 6:47 PM
yeah that bonus usually costs me a ship. nothing bacta can't heal though.
 Grand_Admiral_Ice
03-25-2001, 1:45 AM
The best thing you should do is level the city!!!!!!!!! (Don't do this unless you just want to play for fun because it takes about an hour to do so, which means no gold for you. You should start blowing up buildings when your wingmates are busy missing the probe droids. Remember don't blow up the capital tower or tech centre. I got a friendly save of 0, what did you get?

------------------
Yvan eht nioj!
Yvan eht nioj!
Yvan eht nioj!
Yvan eht nioj!
 Redwing
03-25-2001, 1:50 AM
Oh! Duh! **hits self on head for being so stupid** I never thought of just flying around BEFORE getting the probe droids! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/redface.gif)

------------------
 Grand_Admiral_Ice
03-25-2001, 1:52 AM
How dare you mock me, if I wasn't so lazy I would threaten you.

------------------
Yvan eht nioj!
Yvan eht nioj!
Yvan eht nioj!
Yvan eht nioj!
 Redwing
03-25-2001, 1:55 AM
No, I'm serious---I'm the one that's stupid. I just never thought of it.

------------------
 General_Kioet
03-26-2001, 11:16 PM
what in the world?! the brakes make it harder to knock down an atat?! no, they really don't, if you know how to use them, they help you to take sharper corners, and not get too far away from the at-at.
 Rogue Renegade
03-27-2001, 3:26 AM
Not with my joystick General! All I have to do is let 'er run and maintain a constant position with the joystick to make fast, perfect circles. Although, when I tried a different joystick I couldn't turn sharp enough with out the brakes.

Thanks for the comment. You're right, for some the brakes will definitely be necessary.

------------------
Page: 1 of 1