Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1 more gold left!

Page: 1 of 1
 Grand_Admiral_Ice
03-03-2001, 1:21 PM
I got gold on Fest on Friday and Sullest (with Y-Wing!) and Seerdon yesterday, but I have a problem. I got one more gold to get and that's Chandrilla. I can't beat it in time and get the necessary kills, can anyone help? What ship do you recommend using?

------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing
 Moff_Kioet
03-03-2001, 7:20 PM
oh man, i love this level!!!! one of my favorites.

Use the V-Wing, you'll get cluster seeker missiles, so use them on the tie bombers and tie interceptors, make sure you kill as much of the ties/bombers as possible too, those cluster seeker missiles come in REALLY handy on this mission, so use them wisely. Also the atsts should be easy to take out by using the rapid fire lasers.

I hope this helped you.
 Peashooter
03-03-2001, 9:50 PM
Geez, I get gold on that every time I play it. I usually use the Naboo, but the V-wing and X-wing work OK too.

It really has a few separate parts. The first is protecting the train, and the important thing is TAKE OUT THE BOMBERS. Take out an interceptor when you can, but don't get far from the train. If the bombers hit the train, your gold is history (actually they can hit it one or two times). You'll eventually learn where they appear (its always the same), and you can take them out as soon as they show up. If you get a bit behind, use a missle on the front one and shoot down the back one. Usually its best to save your missles, but not at the expense of the train.

You can commit suicide (to replenish missles) just before the train arrives, but this is risky - some bombers show up right before the train arrives and if you don't take them out, no gold.

After Moff calls you scum, shoot down the bombers without using any missles.

Then its "protect the evacuation shuttles". Zip over to where the AT-ATs are, then hit the brakes and take each one out with missles. There'll be six dead AT-ATs in no time. Now, zip over to the other side of the city. There's another AT-AT who's wailing away mindlessly at three towers towers. Shoot him and get the bonus. If you have time, zip over to the other side of the city and take out the three tie interceptors. There won't be much time for this, but if you have missles left you can get them.

Last part is shooting down some bombers -easy pickin's...

Good hunting!
 Peashooter
03-03-2001, 9:52 PM
Oh, and by the way, good job on the gold at Sullest in a Y-wing; I've never done that!
 Redwing
03-03-2001, 11:42 PM
I loved Chandrilla---but to get a gold you must move extremely fast, and if using the V-Wing you MUST both commit suicide at least twice and always have your rapid-fire lasers on for speed-kills.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Rogue9
03-04-2001, 12:52 AM
the Naboo Fighter or if you have access the Falcon
 Grand_Admiral_Ice
03-04-2001, 1:02 PM
Thanks, I'll try it with the V-Wing. The Falcon is pretty bad on most moving targets, I have to shoot about 5 times before it hits a TIE.

------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing
 Rogue Renegade
03-04-2001, 5:07 PM
The V-Wing rocks on this level. As long as you replenish missiles, I hav'nt had to use rapid fire mode. When I used the Falcon I got gold in everything but accuracy.

As was said before, the key is knowing what happens when. After I take out the 6 chickens, I bolt straight for the bonus and do not wait around for the few TIES attacking the shuttle. They won't harm any of them if you took care of the chickens in time. This was the only way I have TIME to get Gold.

------------------
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)
 Rogue9
03-06-2001, 1:26 PM
use the Falcon's missles on the TIE's save the guns for the AT-ST's
 Redwing
03-08-2001, 5:52 AM
I DID kill the TIEs and get the bonus; I had to do it as the first wave of bombers attacked the city. Took me like twenty tries though, to get gold.

------------------
 Rogue9
03-11-2001, 4:55 AM
if you destroy chandrilla you get to fly and Imperial Shuttle http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/rolleyes.gif)
 Redwing
03-12-2001, 4:24 AM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

------------------
 Rogue9
03-12-2001, 9:59 PM
I take it you've never treid it redwing http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)
 rebel alliance
03-14-2001, 6:38 PM
if you kill too many civilians he calls you back to base at least las timeI checked http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/rolleyes.gif)
 Rogue9
03-15-2001, 1:19 AM
so you haven't tried?
 rebel alliance
03-15-2001, 1:39 AM
ummmmm I think it would be a waste of time
 Redwing
03-15-2001, 5:44 AM
No, I have not tried it, that would be a waste of time. Show me proof and I will.

------------------
 Rogue9
03-16-2001, 3:21 AM
no wait you get to use ships on speeder levels watch...
http://www.roguesquadron.net/images/ss_4.jpg)

[This message has been edited by Rogue9 (edited March 16, 2001).]
 Rogue9
03-16-2001, 3:26 AM
OK,OK, I'm lying, Sheesh
 Redwing
03-16-2001, 5:35 AM
I wonder where that pic came from originally anyway?

------------------
 General_Kioet
03-16-2001, 1:12 PM
i still can't identify it. Hey, has anybody been wondering why there's some pics of TIE Bombers at liberation of Gerrard V??? So have I. Must be pre-production pics.
 General_Kioet
03-16-2001, 1:13 PM
it came from www.lucasarts.com/products/rogue) (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/rogue) or something like that. hey, here's a neat online strategy guide from nintendo that nobody probably knows about!!!
http://nintendo.rogue.com) or it's http://rogue.nintendo.com) i can't remember which one.
 Redwing
03-17-2001, 6:46 AM
I am pretty sure the level is Fest.

------------------
 Rogue9
03-18-2001, 3:44 AM
'tis but I still don't know how to do it.
 Rogue9
03-18-2001, 3:49 AM
TIE Fighters are much quicker than TIE Interceptors
Where the Heck did Nintendo get that?
 Redwing
03-18-2001, 5:03 AM
*keels over laughing**

------------------
 rebel alliance
03-20-2001, 11:35 PM
they have obviously never played the game
 Rogue9
03-21-2001, 9:43 PM
I wasjust wondering, have all technical books been wrong, or is it the fact that nintendo calls TEI/D (DRIOD) a TIE and Interceptors can now out manuever a X-Wing in Atmosphere, I think they need to strive for a little more accuracy
 Redwing
03-22-2001, 2:53 AM
I don't really care unless it contradicts the movies.

------------------
Page: 1 of 1