Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

strange *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 1
 Raanes
10-05-2003, 1:01 PM
it's some thing in the jedi acedemy i not understand, if you select the darkside and defeat Tavion, why just take the staff when he/she can use it... hmmm strange :forkyou:
 Hand of Thrawn
10-05-2003, 1:12 PM
I guess Tavion has had years to work out how to tap the power of Marka Ragnos' Staff. As Jaden, a newly fledged Jedi Knight, you have only seen it twice (once on Yavin IV, and again here). Thats not enough indepth study to allow you to use it as she does! Plus, I get the feeling that Tavion only really understands the 'power of the staff' after she is possessed by the Spirit of Ragnos.
 Blademaster_109
10-05-2003, 3:05 PM
good point
 Remirol Nacnud
10-05-2003, 4:13 PM
He still manages to shoot a beam out(to hit kyle and make a hole in the wall)

But there aren't any buttons, so I'd think that he must have sensed a little about how it worked, and how to do that.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-05-2003, 4:20 PM
or raven didnt think about it? lol
 idontlikegeorge
10-06-2003, 3:00 AM
Yeah but what would Jaden use it for? Tavion was wanting to use the stored energy to resurrect Ragnos, and Jaden didn't want to do that.

Also, like said, it was used to put Kyle out of commision, and maybe Jaden used it while subjugating the Star Destroyer for his own use?
 Crow_Nest
10-06-2003, 6:11 AM
Hey its just a game. Maybe Jaden used force power to shoot the beam at kyle.
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 2:40 PM
but it is a reason the stormtroops are there, the darkside desire the staff.. do i have a point?
 Remirol Nacnud
10-06-2003, 3:10 PM
Wait a minute, are you asking "why didn't he use it to recover Ragnos?" ?

If so, then the answer his because he didn't want to 'serve' anyone.
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 3:19 PM
but he joind the emperor,but he didn't want to 'serve' anyone... strange
 Remirol Nacnud
10-06-2003, 3:39 PM
Just because you turn to the dark side, doesn't mean you have to join the emperor.

All of the emperor's clones are dead at this time aren't they?
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 3:47 PM
are you foolish? at the end (if you select the darkside) your inside one of the stardestroyers which are one of the emperors ships

am I right?
 Tsaya
10-06-2003, 3:51 PM
@Raanes: At the time Jedi Academy takes place the Emperor is dead (long after Episode 6). We are talking about Remnants here, not the actual Empire. If Jaden is doing anything he's trying to replace the emperor, not serving him.
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 3:56 PM
but who ownes the stormtroops in this game?
 Wa'es
10-06-2003, 4:11 PM
There was a dead Imperial officer on the floor of the bridge in the last cutscene. It's not inconceivable that Jaden took over the Star Destroyer by force. After ridding the ship of non-weak minds, he could just bend the rest of the crew to his will.

Regarding the question of who commanded the Imperials throughout the game. They were in league with Tavion and her Dark Jedi.
 Dethsaint
10-06-2003, 4:14 PM

The fallen Empire has become much like the Rebels in Star Wars Episode 4, 5 & 6. You could call them an "evil" rebel force :D

(Although who defines in reality what is good and what is evil? Opression might be diserable opposed to anarchy ;) )
 •-BLaCKouT-•
10-06-2003, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by Remirol Nacnud
All of the emperor's clones are dead at this time aren't they?
Well, I'm not too sure about this bit. Some people on a different forum were questioning the Byss mission, as Byss is destroyed in Empire's End. Empire's End is set 11years after the Battle of Yavin, whereas JA is set 10 years ABY.

Now, I've read Dark Empire 1&2, but not Empire's End. Am I right in thinking that the last Emperor Clones are destroyed in this story?

If this is the case then there may still be Emperor Clones doing the rounds. But feel free to correct me ;) After all, you don't actually get to Byss do you? If I understood right, that mission takes place on a ship in the middle of an asteroid field that could be the destroyed planet (but if it is, I missed that :p )

Just a thought...
B.
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 4:41 PM
it's a possibility.. but i'm open to more suggestion :)
 Remirol Nacnud
10-06-2003, 4:42 PM
I just assumed that the asteroid field was what used to be Byss.

But if Empires End is 11 years after then there's a whole year left of the Emperor's existence.

And that begs a lot of questions.
Tavion went to Byss and turned/captured Rosh, yes?
I'd have expected the Emperor to sense her plans and intervene. He wouldn't want Ragnos turning up and out doing him.

I'd assumed that this game and JKO took place after the Emperor's death.
He probably wouldn't have been too happy about Desann either.

He might be waiting for just the perfect balance(the new republic crumbling a bit, but no dark jedi taking too much power yet) before he steps in.

Or perhaps he's setting up Luke's mind. Showing him that the dark side keeps on coming back and that he can never win. (as I have heard, that's the point of the Empires End books, where Luke turns to the dark side)
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 5:20 PM
good point:rolleyes: *not*
 Lundquist
10-06-2003, 5:31 PM
I thought I'd chip in with a little info: JA takes place 10 years after the battle of ENDOR not Yavin, so I assume Byss is destroyed by this time.
 killabilly
10-06-2003, 5:42 PM
Good point. Battle of Endor is a few years after the Battle Of Yavin. Perhaps 5 years or so?

Luke turned to the darkside???? He doesnt look very evil to me in the JA. More of a Guru type of bloke.
 Raanes
10-06-2003, 5:50 PM
killabilly: I think you didn't realize the irony in that sentence

good point <---- irony
 •-BLaCKouT-•
10-06-2003, 6:44 PM
Originally posted by Lundquist
I thought I'd chip in with a little info: JA takes place 10 years after the battle of ENDOR not Yavin, so I assume Byss is destroyed by this time.
Ah! there ya go! I stand corrected. Cheers Lundquist .
So Byss is rubble by then, which means the Emperor is dead.

Sorted.

b.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-06-2003, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by Raanes

LOL NEWBIE ALERT :P okok i wont be cruel haha
 Remirol Nacnud
10-06-2003, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by Lundquist
When Luke sees the Emperor's clone and realises that he can't kill him(he'll just keep on moving from clone to clone) he gives in(kind of) but still tries to sabotage the Emperor.

Then there's the happy happy shiney moment where Leia turns up and they defeat him together and for some reason his esscence doesn't make it to another clone.
 Crow_Nest
10-07-2003, 2:42 AM
Great, now all of had got me confused.:p
 Lundquist
10-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Oh yeah, I remember reading 'Dark Empire' - I didn't like it one bit, as far as I'm concerned the emperor died when Vader/Anakin threw him into obilivion.
 Tsaya
10-07-2003, 4:10 PM
Hm, yeah, the emperor being alive would also sabotage zahn's trilogy. And that's pretty much the best SW stuff ever - even better than what Mr. Lucas came up with. I don't want that to be sabotaged. Just my opinion though.
 -=FB=-Jagged
10-08-2003, 12:02 AM
uh, i guess i got here too late to tell Raanes that the force is amazing....

Raanes, jaden does not want a master. just because he is on a star destroyer does not mean he works for the remnant. if you read far into the star wars universe, eventually even the New Republic get star destroyers. i'm with wa'es. as the most promising student in the academy, surely you could take a destroyer. a ship that big, not all are gonna know that anything is amiss. a few chokeholds, some jedi mind tricks, and a little whipping with the saber or ragnos staff would straighten out any Imperials.
Page: 1 of 1