Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"But WHY'S the rum gone?!"

Page: 1 of 1
 Omikron
10-05-2003, 10:19 AM
 GothiX
10-05-2003, 1:19 PM
Ugh. Needs more detail and better textures.
 Wudan
10-06-2003, 3:56 PM
I'm gonna need more rum before that map looks good.

Hey I played on the topic title AND posted about the map, in one sentence!
 CortoCG
10-06-2003, 4:01 PM
Yoho!!! Yoho!!! a pirate's life for m.... Wait a minute!!! Dude!!! Where is my deck??? Lol, great idea Omikron, there so many fancy sci-fi maps going on out there. Making a pirate ship will make my heart sing -Drink Up! m'earties yoho!!-.
 Emon
10-06-2003, 5:00 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
Hey I played on the topic title AND posted about the map, in one sentence!

Bah, that part ruined the cold humor of your post!
 Eldritch
10-06-2003, 5:06 PM
It's ok for a start, I guess. But why show only a half hour's worth of work? Why not work for longer until you've really got something to show?

Ah well. Here's my crits.

For the size and height of those masts, the boat would flip upside down. A boat's hull extends much further under the water than what we see. If there's going to be water, this isn't much of an issue though.

It's totally devoid of detail. Boat decks are not entirely flat, either. Work on that.

Those stairs look huge, like giant stairs.

The sails look totally fake. They need a more realistic position (when have you ever seen a sail that looked like that?). Google for some pictures of old boats and see what they look like, and create them based on that.

That's it for now, I think.
 Scoundrel
10-07-2003, 6:07 PM
Yeah, great idea, but it looks pretty horrible now. Too fake. More detail, textures and stuff and it will be awesome.
 wedge2211
10-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
The sails look totally fake.

If you can make a good texture with an alpha channel to make the sails appear ragged and torn, that would also help a lot...given what I assume this ship to be.
 Eldritch
10-08-2003, 2:36 AM
Good idea with the torn sail... maybe you could also include some ripped bits of sail on the mast or boom? That could be done with some alpha'd textures as well.
 Omikron
10-09-2003, 8:04 AM
Thanks for that, I've done a tiny bit of work but I've been rather busy the past few days... And for the sail texture, I'll try that some time, and for the ship textures, they are only like that because I'm having trouble with my other texture (it's got one of those Can't Find Shader File images, even though I haven't got a shader for the texture).
Page: 1 of 1