Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

List your Demo tactics here!

Page: 1 of 1
 Necro
09-29-2001, 2:56 PM
i got non atm, so lets hear urs! :vadar: :saberr:
 Dagobahn Eagle
09-29-2001, 11:58 PM
First of all, send 75% of your workers of to the berry bushes. You'll need food to advance to tech level 2, and you've got loads of time, so don't bother sending many troop recruits over there.

Once you reach level 2, keep expanding your city until you reach level 3. Remember to build power cores and deposits, and stockpile nerfs in the Animal nurseries.

Moving in with fighters is usually a good idea, as players tend to prioritise other units over AA units. They just won't build Anti air units until there is anything else but birds to shoot on. So if there is a fortification at the monument, move in with a group of TIEs, clear'em up, withdraw the TIEs and send in your main force.

Always include at least one worker, to build a fortification by the monument. It should include turrets and a fortress. Once you have that, you're pretty much safe for some time (don't forget the AA turrets). It's often a good idea to build a shipyard, as the monument is sorrounded at most sides by water most of the time. Walls around the monument are also recommended, of course.

Here's another tactic: Sometimes, you'll encounter small "holes" in the forest, that is, not a physical hole in the ground, but a small clearing at the edge of the forest facing the monument. Put one or two artillery units into one of those "holes", and build walls and a gate in front of it for cover. Lock the gate and, if there's room for it, place an AA turret, (and, preferably, one or more laser turrets) inside. Now have the artillery unit set to aggresive movement and have it provide cover for the rest of the gang. It worked big time for me (I won the whole game and the artillery unit cut down like 30% of the enemy attackers).

That should do it for now. Oh, and don't forget collecting all kinds of resources :)!

Dagobahn Eagle
 EndSub
09-30-2001, 9:39 AM
am i the only person who thinks building turrents around the Rune is really cheap?
 Darth_Rommel
09-30-2001, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I hate that! :mad:
 Lord JayVizIon
10-02-2001, 2:35 AM
endsub i totally agree. it sucks badly, and that's why i'm 1-3. what pisses me off even more is when you put that on the game description when you host it and people totally don't listen and bend the rules.

getting back on point, i don't want to give away too much but i agree w/ eagles comments. besides the berries, scout early and often to find nerfs and place a few of them in the nursery. but like i said, don't agree with that monument. that IS one of the more cheaper moves in this game...probably as bad as the tower rush
 Emp_Palpatine
10-04-2001, 4:27 AM
I think you should get a bit of everything

For me my Imperial attack force usually consist of these units:

Land:

5 Dewbacks
20 Stormtroopers
10 Anti-Air Infantries
5-10 Artilleries
Lots and lots of Dark Troopers
2-3 Scouts
2 AT-AAs
Few Bounty Hunters

otherwise i would cut the amount of stormtroopers to a about 10 AT-PTs

Air: (Used for cleaning up infantries and Jedis)

12 Ties or more
5 bombers

Although to support this size of an army i usually have to kill off some droids...
 Mad
10-06-2001, 12:57 AM
I found that actually eating the Nerfs like sheep in AoK is much faster than garrisoning in Animal Nursary...so in my early game I eat about 2-3 Nerfs and Garrison the rest for long term food. And make sure you build a Power Core next to your Nursery or else those Nerfs give you very little food at all!...yeah berries are good too, cept theres not many berries usually.
 UAF_CrazyX_UAF
10-06-2001, 4:39 PM
First off All when i first started playing the demo i was trying to build 5-10 farms wich takes a long time with alliance so then i started scouting guess what i found? NERFS EVERYWHERE! so i built 3 (COUNT EM) 3 nurserys and stuffed all my little nerfs in there at an average 30 Sec i had gained about 580 Food I MEAN COME ON cant do that with farms :D

Another trick to gain nerfs is to GET AN ALLIE then when he's not looking make him move his nerfs out your way (Make Up Any Excuse [EX: I NEED TO BUILD THERE] ) then when hes not looking fly an X-Wing,ETC over there jack the nerfs BUT KEEP YOUR X-WING BESIDE THEM OUR ELSE HE CAN GET THEM BACK and stuff em in a nursery or whatever you do with em
Page: 1 of 1