Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

single saber cartwheel/side flip thing

Page: 1 of 1
 EekTheKat
10-01-2003, 12:00 AM
One minor wish for the patch - allow us to slash while cartwheeling sideways. Doesn't seem all too unbalancing and it looks sorta neat to score a kill with it.

When playing the SP game you can actually cartwheel/side flip and attack. in the MP game it seems to be disabled.
 SpDTheadkeFor
10-01-2003, 2:28 AM
Ya, that would definately be a plus. However, I believe the move requires you to press attack doesnt it? I think it would be better if they made it so this move could be done with the alternate attack button. This would allow you to do red arials with a single saber. For those of you not familiar with the term/tactic, a red arial is when you jump in the air and do a side red swing, come back down, jump up again doing another side swing, and if you're really good do it once more all while you are moving forward. Although very affective this was made really difficult in jk2 because chances are you would red dfa if you didnt time it right. Anyway, this cartwheel move sometimes hinders that ability. While it is easier to do red arials in jka than jk2, mainly because you don't red dfa, its quite glichy when you do, mainly because the game wants to make you do the side cartwheel. I'm sure guys will find a way to do red arials anway, but making the cartwheel do-able w/ alternate attack would make it easier. But I would just be happy if you could swing during the cartwheel.

What do you guys think about making the roll and stab manuver and alternate attack as well. Often times when i come out of a roll I would rather swing my saber than do the scripted forward stab. By making the forward stab a roll + alternate attack command, it would allow a player to move directily into a swing from a roll if they wanted to, or allow them do the forward stab. I don't think you can say no to more attack options.
 StormHammer
10-01-2003, 7:40 AM
Yeah, it does seem a bit odd that the slash animation for a cartwheel was nerfed, considering you still deliver damage...

I can't see any good reason why it would be omitted. Another question for the devs, I suppose...
 sLaX0r
10-01-2003, 9:32 AM
but you will already slash while doing a cartwheel.
 EekTheKat
10-01-2003, 2:49 PM
Just try it out in single player and multiplayer and see the difference for yourself.

If you do two cartwheels back to back you'll get a weird stuck animation as well.

The multiplayer cartwheel doesn't have a slash animation. Least nothing like the single player one.

Considering how the single saber is perceived to be weaker than the saber staff / dual sabers this little addition shouldn't throw off game balance by that much.
Page: 1 of 1