Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

saber styles for .sab files

Page: 1 of 1
 D8alus
09-30-2003, 10:50 PM
fast, medium, strong, tavion, desann, staff and...?

What's the style name for dual sabers?

I think there's two..cuz if you use the setforceall 3 cheat, there's a blue and a yellow style that spins like the dual sabers
 D8alus
09-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Can someone please tell me that they at least know what I'm talking about so I don't feel like I'm completely confused?
 D8alus
09-30-2003, 11:36 PM
and in related news...how do I get a new .pk3 to load properly?
 Prime
09-30-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by D8alus
and in related news...how do I get a new .pk3 to load properly? Simply put it into your GameData/base directory...
 WadeV1589
10-01-2003, 12:20 AM
You just make a single saber and that can be used as one or both of the dual sabers...if you mean a double bladed saber use SABER_STAFF...

In fact open up assets1.pk3, go into ext_data\sabers and read sabers.sab, it covers what all the bits of saber files do :)
 D8alus
10-01-2003, 1:12 AM
been there, done that...what I'm saying is...

what if I want to make a single saber that fights like a staff?

What if I want to make a single saber that fights like dual?

without having a staff or dual...
 cheeto101
10-01-2003, 1:31 AM
Download the kensai skin pack for single with double anims. For some reason, the single stance with dual sabers uses double blade anims. Ya got me. The blades are longer too.
 D8alus
10-01-2003, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Simply put it into your GameData/base directory...

It's not working
 peloquin
10-01-2003, 1:39 AM
in the sabers.sab there is the line saberstyle 3 (may not be 3 just with a number after it)

1 = blue

2= yellow

3= red

4 = fast yellow (2nd blue)

5 = fast red (2nd red)

6 = dual sabers

7 = staff

I actually did this for a dooku mod i made, Gave him saber style 6 with keeping only one saber :) works well but sometimes will default to single saber style again on ya.

this what you wanted ? :)

as for your question for .pk3 are you making sure to pack it back up from the ext.data folder ? so like ext_data/sabers/saber.sab
 D8alus
10-01-2003, 1:46 AM
Originally posted by peloquin
in the sabers.sab there is the line saberstyle 3 (may not be 3 just with a number after it)

1 = blue

2= yellow

3= red

4 = fast yellow (2nd blue)

5 = fast red (2nd red)

6 = dual sabers

7 = staff

I actually did this for a dooku mod i made, Gave him saber style 6 with keeping only one saber :) works well but sometimes will default to single saber style again on ya.

this what you wanted ? :)

as for your question for .pk3 are you making sure to pack it back up from the ext.data folder ? so like ext_data/sabers/saber.sab

yes, and yes

I hate it when things arbitrarily don't work :confused:
 D8alus
10-01-2003, 2:11 AM
ok, FINALLY got the .pk3 loading...but..

the saberstyle line requires a text input...like medium or staff...so what's the dual? This is for sabers.sab, not the npc files...
 peloquin
10-01-2003, 2:26 AM
ahh yes you're right :) Well if it were the case that you just wanted an npc to use a certain saber or style you can do that via the npc file for that character.

But if you want your character to use single saber with dual style, maybe try setforceall 9 which in outcast gave you the 2nd fast blue and 2nd red. I haven't looked at changing the sabers.sab for the purpose your asking as yet. Might have a look at it tonight.
 D8alus
10-01-2003, 2:31 AM
Thing is....I wanna cheat without cheating...

meaning, I want to have the style without having to boost my powers like that...and without having all those other styles
 Starfire13
10-01-2003, 10:09 PM
There is a simpler way to do get a single saber using a lightstaff stance.

Use the console to give yourself a lightstaff, and then a single saber. If you use the "change stance" key after that, you'll find that you'll be able to use a single saber with a lightstaff stance.
Page: 1 of 1