Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to get dual Saberstaffs in SP?

Page: 1 of 1
 V@DER
09-30-2003, 1:21 PM
I really need to know how to get 2 saber staffs in SP with cheats. Also, I have seen pics of this and each blade is a different color. Please help me.
 V@DER
09-30-2003, 3:16 PM
I have been to the cheats and read each post on "Not enough customization for you ..." and cant find it anywhere. So ... I cant remember where I saw it, but i know I have seen a screenshot where a player held 2 saberstaffs and each blade was a different color. I would LOVE some help on doing this. I am a noob, so go easy on me. BTW ... JA rocks, and I have picked up on a lot with the help of the forementioned thread. Please help.
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 3:36 PM
The pic you saw was fake, because it's impossible to get 2 staffs, well i havent seen it, so if you could prove you've seen it i could give my opinion on it.

No Jedi in there right mind would try to wield 2 staffs anyway....
 V@DER
09-30-2003, 3:43 PM
Don't remember where I saw it, but i did. Besides, just pretend I dreamed it up (which i didnt), now help me do it, please.
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 3:46 PM
If i could see this picture then i could help you more, try to find it again. :)

I'll see what i can find, not making any promises. :)
 StormHammer
09-30-2003, 4:01 PM
I wasn't trying to go 'hard' on you - sorry if it came across that way. ;) Welcome to the forums.

I've only seen the cheat for the Saberstaff + Single saber - and recently someone posted a pic showing a seven-bladed saber (an obvious mod or something) which was rather cool.

Perhaps the two saberstaffs was a mod, rather than a cheat...
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 4:05 PM
The 7 Bladed saber isnt' a mod, you can create a new .sab file and give your new saber up to 8 Blades. ;)

The 2 Saber Staff could be done by a new .sab file as well, hmm i'll look into it. :)

Saber Staff + Single was discovered by me in the demo, and i posted it in the Demo Cheat Thread which is a few pages back. :)
 Agen
09-30-2003, 4:17 PM
One of my fellow clan members, unfortunately put in the single and staff cheat, he then reloaded his normal game
saved it once he progressed. Then he exited JA and came back to find he had two saber staffs, so he's e-mailed raven 'botu the problem.
 V@DER
09-30-2003, 5:27 PM
Thanks guys. As I am new, please go through a walkthrough of exactly how to get the staff + single saber with cheats and then ... any possible ideas on how to get the 2 staffs.

Thanks
 friss
09-30-2003, 5:37 PM
Hi peeps, i was reading a thread in here b4

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113215)

It inspired me somewhat so i started to mess about with the sabers file's, ive seen a lot of posts asking for twin saber staffs so without further a do here's how:

Open up the assets 1 pk3 (maybe 0 i cant rember coz mine are both open), go into ext data then open "single_1" with notepad & change the txt so it reads:
single_1
{
name @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT1
saberType SABER_STAFF
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_dual_1/saber_dual_1.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 25
saberColor random
numBlades 2
twoHanded 0
}

save it then go have fun with your new dual saber staff's :D

So far ive only found a few problems, the computer sems to have a single saberstaff all the time, but if you change "single_2" or "3" then that might solve the problem :confused: and i can only get the second staff in RED so far.

If any modder wants to try and sort this out into a proper mod it would be soooo much easier to do than messin bout with the pk3's ;)

Some pics at: http://www.geocities.com/team_gkh/twinsabers)

:saberb: :saberr:
 V@DER
09-30-2003, 5:51 PM
Thanks man. I'll try it. Sounds difficult, though. A simple mod would be better, don't you think. Someone needs to write one. I have heard that messing around with the assets files (or whatever) can mess up your game where you cant play in MP. What does anyone know about that?
 Kusanavi
09-30-2003, 6:02 PM
First of all don't make a double (or even triple as I can see you did) thread/post and second most of us haven't heard of this "2 staffs" (maybe cause it's fake or something) and if you have can you at least show us a pic of this 2 staffs?
 V@DER
09-30-2003, 6:08 PM
Sorry man. Just needed some help that I wasnt getting. Guess I got your attention. I got my warning from the moderators, so i wont make that mistake again. But thanks for caring. BTW ... here's your pic.

http://www.geocities.com/team_gkh/twinsabers)
 friss
09-30-2003, 6:36 PM
Its not that hard to do, but i'd advise making a back up of the folder just incase. Im not sure if it works in the sp either.

ps. yes a mod would be so much better (hint hint: all modders)
 friss
09-30-2003, 8:50 PM
Hey V@DER hope it works for u ok, let me know yeh.
If u get any good screenshots e-mail to me at frisson666@msn.com i'll put em on my site :cool:
Page: 1 of 1