Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cute ways to tweak saber and how to get a throwable saberstaff

Page: 1 of 1
 jackhammer34
09-29-2003, 2:13 AM
Having taken a look at the Sabers files, I've managed to get a saber staff that you can throw (without turning off one blade)

Here's the saberstaff file I use (make a txt file and save it as sabername.sab in your /ext_data/sabers folder

Uber2
{
name "Uber2"
saberType SABER_STAFF
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_dual_2/saber_dual_2.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 32
saberStyle staff
saberColor purple
numBlades 2
singleBladeStyle medium
singleBladeThrowable 0
brokenSaber1 brokenstaff
brokenSaber2 brokenstaff
twoHanded 1
maxChain -1
disarmable 0
lockBonus 5
parryBonus 5
breakParryBonus 5
disarmBonus 5
returnDamage 1
}

Note that unlike most saberstaff files, the line "throwable 0" has been deleted. this makes it default to "throwable 1" meaning you can hurl the saberstaff with both blades on. ^_^

Note that if you have "returndamage 1" the saber will continue spinning on its way back to you, rather than coming back hilt first.

Also you have to add "singleBladeThrowable 0" or the saber have the second blade deactivated when it returns to your hand. And this way, when thrown it will enter staff mode even if thrown in single saber stance.

"maxChain 1" is supposed to allow you to chain any number of attacks rahter than the default, but I haven't seen it make a significant difference in gameplay. Maybe it's because I play with saberanimspeed 1.3 :P

disarmable 0
lockBonus 5
parryBonus 5
breakParryBonus 5
disarmBonus 5
This is supposed to increase your saber performance in saber locks, parrying, and disarming, and so far I have noticed it makes the game much easier against saberwielding opponents. And yeah you cannot ever be disarmed, unless your saber is knocked for the air while thrown.
 Quid
09-29-2003, 2:15 AM
Sweet, nice find.
 jackhammer34
09-29-2003, 2:15 AM
Oh dear forgot to add that you actually have to give yourself the saber in game by turning on cheats and using the "saber" command, in this case "saber uber2".
 Quid
09-29-2003, 2:19 AM
Lol i figured that.
 xpaulzZ57x
09-30-2003, 9:51 PM
huh?:confused: :confused:
 D8alus
09-30-2003, 10:01 PM
So hypothetically, you could make a one-handed single saber that way?

Or a single saber that fights like a staff?
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 10:10 PM
a single saber that fights like a staff?

Put setforceall 3 and keep changing your style untill it reachs the Staff style, there you have a single saber using the staff stance ;)
 rut-wa jodar
10-01-2003, 7:47 AM
Originally posted by jackhammer34
Having taken a look at the Sabers files, I've managed to get a saber staff that you can throw (without turning off one blade)

Here's the saberstaff file I use (make a txt file and save it as sabername.sab in your /ext_data/sabers folder

Uber2
{
name "Uber2"
saberType SABER_STAFF
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_dual_2/saber_dual_2.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 32
saberStyle staff
saberColor purple
numBlades 2
singleBladeStyle medium
singleBladeThrowable 0
brokenSaber1 brokenstaff
brokenSaber2 brokenstaff
twoHanded 1
maxChain -1
disarmable 0
lockBonus 5
parryBonus 5
breakParryBonus 5
disarmBonus 5
returnDamage 1
}

Note that unlike most saberstaff files, the line "throwable 0" has been deleted. this makes it default to "throwable 1" meaning you can hurl the saberstaff with both blades on. ^_^

Note that if you have "returndamage 1" the saber will continue spinning on its way back to you, rather than coming back hilt first.

Also you have to add "singleBladeThrowable 0" or the saber have the second blade deactivated when it returns to your hand. And this way, when thrown it will enter staff mode even if thrown in single saber stance.

"maxChain 1" is supposed to allow you to chain any number of attacks rahter than the default, but I haven't seen it make a significant difference in gameplay. Maybe it's because I play with saberanimspeed 1.3 :P

disarmable 0
lockBonus 5
parryBonus 5
breakParryBonus 5
disarmBonus 5
This is supposed to increase your saber performance in saber locks, parrying, and disarming, and so far I have noticed it makes the game much easier against saberwielding opponents. And yeah you cannot ever be disarmed, unless your saber is knocked for the air while thrown.

Do these settings work for both MP and SP game ?

Great find BTW !
 Astrotoy7
10-02-2003, 6:17 AM
i got something interesting when i put in saber dual_desann
a red saber(normal length), you can press L to alter stances like in JO, one stance includes saberstaff stance, but only once side activated. in this stance you can do the saberstaff katas, but also throw the damn thing, quite handy

MTFBWYA
 Avitor
10-02-2003, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
i got something interesting when i put in saber dual_desann
a red saber(normal length), you can press L to alter stances like in JO, one stance includes saberstaff stance, but only once side activated. in this stance you can do the saberstaff katas, but also throw the damn thing, quite handyWas dual_desann a custom saber or is it already in-game?
 Dethsaint
10-02-2003, 2:48 PM
Another way of throwing a saber staff with both blades extended is to quickly turn off one blade and throwing it immediately after you hear the "blade collapse" sound - The staff will fly through the air with both blades doing damage and return to your hand, although you need to turn on the second blade again to use it like normal. :D

Like so:

:dsaber: ----> change stance/turn off + throw -----> :trooper: = :skul1: ----> returns to your hand like this: :saberr:
Page: 1 of 1