Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tutorial :- Adding New Lightsaber Hilts.

Page: 1 of 1
 Tesla
09-28-2003, 8:53 PM

After reading Prime's very informative guide on how to add new NPCs and Models to Jedi Academy, i figured i'd have a go at trying to add new Lightsaber Hilts to JA, and i have discovered a method which runs along the similar lines to Prime's guide. :)

1. First you need to download your chosen hilt you wish to add, for this tutorial im using the Anakin Skywalker Hilt by Alaris & Garik Loran, which you may download Here (http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=733).

2. Now you need to extract all the contents of the saberanakin.pk3 file into a directory, i named mine saber1, then you need to extract the sabers.sab file from you Assets1.pk3 file located in you games Base installation folder.

3. In the sabers.sab file which you should open with Notepad, you'll notice different Guidelines on creating and editing various aspects of your saber, such as Blade Length, Color, Blade Radius, and how many blades it has. (Up to a total of 8 Blades can be added !!
But for a basic new saber we will copy and paste the infomation of Kyles Hilt infomation into a new Notepad file and Edit these following sections,
From,
Kyle
{
name "Katarn"
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 40
saberColor blue
}

To,
Anakin
{
name "Anakin"
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 40
saberColor blue
}

Just 2 simple changes are needed, now save your new Saber Infomation as anakin.sab.

4. Now in the saber1 directory create a ext_data folder and in that create a sabers folder, now move your anakin.sab file into the sabers folder.

5. Now open Winzip and click new and create a anakinsaber.pk3 or a similar filename, and then Add the Models file inside the saber1 folder and then Add the ext_data folder, But be sure to have Include Subfolders selected, and Add the files with the Add With Wildcards button.

6. After that place it in your Base folder, start the game, enable cheats, and type saber anakin and enjoy your newly added saber. :)

Sorry if the guide is a bit rough, it's only in it's first stages and i haven't been able to figure out how to add the new sabers to the customizabale saber options yet, so there only be added as cheat sabers that you'll have to type in to get :)

Enjoy,

Tesla :)
 Prime
09-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Tesla
Sorry if the guide is a bit rough, it's only in it's first stages and i haven't been able to figure out how to add the new sabers to the customizabale saber options yet, so there only be added as cheat sabers that you'll have to type in to get :) Excellent tutorial Tesla! I'm still trying to figure out how to get them in the character creation screen, but no luck so far. But this is a great start! :)
 Tesla
09-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Thank You Prime :D
Your guide inspired me to write this ;)

About getting it into the menu, i'll look through the assets1.pk3 again and see if i can dig anything up. :)
 Prime
09-29-2003, 2:17 AM
About getting it into the menu, i'll look through the assets1.pk3 again and see if i can dig anything up. :) I wonder if there is something in one of those .menu files related to this. Too bad there are so many...
 frans
09-29-2003, 8:49 AM
http://pcgamemods.com/2337/)

Try dowloanding that hilt pack. Becuase he has the extra hilts in the chracter custoization screen in SP, even though most of them are messed up texture wise.
 Prime
09-29-2003, 2:49 PM
Thanks frans. I'll check that out tonight :)
 Tesla
09-29-2003, 8:09 PM
There is a saber.menu but it looks way complicated for me to understand. :p

That Hilt pack has loads of missing textures because it doesn't have the textures for the hilts included, but they could fix that by including all the textures and fixing the directorys to them. :)
 Forceflow_tap
10-01-2003, 3:55 PM
If you're talking about "More Hilts 1.1a", yeah we've fixed the texture problems. The only reason it had problems was because we'd been up incredibly late at night and had to get up incredibly early in the morning for college, so we had been sleep-deprived. The fix should be up today or tomorrow.
 Prime
10-01-2003, 4:41 PM
Originally posted by Forceflow_tap
If you're talking about "More Hilts 1.1a", yeah we've fixed the texture problems. The only reason it had problems was because we'd been up incredibly late at night and had to get up incredibly early in the morning for college, so we had been sleep-deprived. The fix should be up today or tomorrow. This only adds the sabers to the MP selection list, not the SP list, correct?
 Tesla
10-01-2003, 5:05 PM
No it adds new hilts and red blade color selections to SP i think. ?
 Darklord44
12-30-2003, 2:16 AM

...Up to a total of 8 Blades can be added !!

Whenever I try to add more than two blades to a standard double-bladed lightsaber, they overlap the first blade. Is there a way to fix this? Anyone?
 Teancum
12-31-2003, 6:59 AM
I've noticed that in most hilt packs there's a nice little space between the saber and the blade. Are there any packs that don't have this problem? I'm assuming it's just that the models need to be moved up more, or the tag for the saber moved in more
Page: 1 of 1