Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i need help getting my new skin in game!

Page: 1 of 1
 jedi ed
09-27-2003, 7:26 PM
my new aragorn skin has 1 insty binsty winy problem- i cant get it in game- I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

i save it as .pk3 and all that crap but it dont show up- plase help beforce i combust!!!
 =CNR=Preacher
10-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Did it show up ok in the MOdviewer? Does only the skin not show? or the whole model (on which you applied the skin) ???? etc etc

It's very hard to tell what's wrong if you just say that it does not show up....
 jedi ed
10-02-2003, 11:30 PM
sorry

it shows up in modview, but heres the problem- after i recreate the pk3 struture and save it in the base folder and go to play the game- nothing happens

when i go to the setup from the main menu the icon is there, but when i create a server or join one- the icon disappeirs what have i done wrong?
 =CNR=Preacher
10-04-2003, 9:45 AM
Might be that there is a small problem with the pk3 then?? you could send it to me, so I can have a small look at it and mail ye back how to adjust it (or do it)....... john@kranendonk.org :)
 jedi ed
10-04-2003, 1:15 PM
thanks man- ill do that sometime today- my email is puckhead220 so youll know its me
 =CNR=Preacher
10-06-2003, 8:44 AM
Just came back from reffing a paintball event in the Netherlands, so I will get back to ye today/tomorrowmorning (Euro time) :)

*edit: I checked it out, put it in a pk3 file and.... it worked on solo multiplay.... so I guess your problem was/is the pk3 file. Sending you a mail now with link to the pk3 I made and which works :) So it must work for you too. Oh and custom models only show up/are available when the server allows it and (in that case) only those who have the same model will see it.

Good luck, son of Arathorn...... ;)
Page: 1 of 1