Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA saber Tutorial

Page: 1 of 1
 Psynex
09-22-2003, 12:37 AM
I just posted my JA light saber tutorial. I worked on it all day and think I covered it all. Catch me on my mistakes though and let me know. Like I say in the post I linked it on, I'll be updating it as necessary:

It's on this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1313059#post1313059)
 The Cheat
09-22-2003, 12:57 AM
thanks for the tutorial psynex, i may try making some sabers when i get the game so at least now i will know where to look for help if i need it
 Psynex
09-22-2003, 12:06 PM
there may be a slight problem in the aligning of tags. I'm going to dig deeper into that today and correct it if need be.
 =CNR=Preacher
10-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Great JOB Psy :)

Within an hour I was able to make my first custom Saber (with 3 sabers) (4rth comming up).

Anyway, I also stumbled upon the Tag issue and someone whispered to me that the alignment of the saber will be on the X axis of the TAG in Modview.....

And here ocmes my question... how do I modify (rotate) X,Y,Z axis of the TAG's within Gmax?

___
Here a screenie of the wrong pointing blades (also notice that some parts are still to be skinned) (http://www.kranendonk.be/~john/images/saber1.gif)
 Psynex
10-02-2003, 2:28 PM
Actually the blades run along the negative X axis (opposite direction of the X axis). I'm glad you were able to follow along and get the saber(s) in-game. Granted the tags are the most cumbersome part of the entire process. My tut doesn't do a great job of covering that.

In order to change the direction of those, just rotate the tags. That will change the direction of the blades. I wish there were a better way to explain, like a sure-fire position for the tags, but I'm pretty sure I stand for everyone when I say...you just have to play around with them.

Reason: MD3View.exe does something wierd to the tags when exporting to GLM. Basically it rotates them 90 degrees. So what I do is just rotate the tag in Gmax 90 degrees in the direction that would make the blade point properly.

Looks like it will be a bit more difficult for you because you have the one blade on your saber pointing at a strange angle.
 =CNR=Preacher
10-02-2003, 4:20 PM
Hmmm I thought I'd already tried to change the sabers' tags (i.e. rotate)... well I give it a new shot tonight/tomorrow morning and see how she comes out :)

ANd concerning the "spike bladed saber" that one (hopefully) changes the same way (90degr.) would do the trick here too I guess/hope.

Thnx for the great tutorial for now :)

(and how the hell do you know what my wife always tells me? (you just have to...) :D :D :D)
Page: 1 of 1