Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA Saber Hilt Pack 1

Page: 1 of 1
 X3r0
09-21-2003, 9:09 PM
Hey guys i have the first hilt pak done.

It has these sabers in it.

Obi-wans
Qui-gons
Yoda
Windu
Vader
Dooku
Anikin
Nemisis

The skins for a few don't work but i'm working on that.

Just trying to get everything working soo if you have any ideas or suggestions i'm open for it.

Why can't i post the attachment.
 Psynex
09-21-2003, 9:32 PM
depending on who made them...did you make sure all the saber geometry is named correctly (all start with w_)? Did you make sure all the skin files point to the right places? I'm nearing the end of writing a saber creation tutorial for the masses, maybe it will answer your questions.
 X3r0
09-21-2003, 9:34 PM
Ok well they all point to the right place. and the all end with _W and not W_ and they still work for the models.
 Psynex
09-21-2003, 9:37 PM
JA's engine requires that all saber meshes begin with w_...I'm surprised the model shows up.
 PhoenixOblivion
09-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Absolutely not guys.. they dont need to be w_whatever

http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~jsh5)

Has jk2 to Jk3 models conversion and a jk2 to jk3 hilt conversion.

The Jk3 hilts must be on the server you are playing at the moment, because the servers control the hilts for some stupid reason.
 Psynex
09-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Servers probably control hilts to prevent users from making there own that are too powerful. That would make sense, and be a really cool feature for server admins; giving them the power to choose what sabers people can pick from. I kind of like the thought of being given a choice of custom, user-made hilts.

To answer the question about JA hilts...this line is right from a source file in the assets1.pk3:

A note about saber hilt models: the surface names on saber models should *always* start with "w_", the code expects it.

Some JK2 hilts do work...I haven't even looked into why, but my best guess would be that it's because they're just one solid piece and have already been properly named w_saber. I was just posting what I read as it came from Raven.

The file was the saber.sab file in \ext_data\sabers\ folder if you're hunting for it.

Also, my tutorial is up in the General Editing forum.
 Prime
09-22-2003, 1:50 AM
Originally posted by PhoenixOblivion
Absolutely not guys.. they dont need to be w_whatever

http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~jsh5)

Has jk2 to Jk3 models conversion and a jk2 to jk3 hilt conversion.

The Jk3 hilts must be on the server you are playing at the moment, because the servers control the hilts for some stupid reason. Excellent. Thanks for doing that. They work great! You should get these posted in jediknight.net and the various file sites...

Also, has anyone figured out how to add hilts to the singleplayer selection? I assume you have to tell the menu that they are there...
 X3r0
09-22-2003, 2:30 AM
Does everyone know you can add attrabutes to the sabers, and make them all really unique (prolly a stupid question) But yeah, I wish to creat a mod with that. Also does anyone know how to up the saber combat so you can talk off peoples heads and do mid sectino swipes.
 Psynex
09-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Yeah...I found that out on Friday; that's what sparked me to write a tutorial.

Check out my WIP in the showcase forum for a screenshot of a saber with 3 full functional blades. I'm making a saber-claw hilt.

check the thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111920)

Somone in there thought this was a doctored photo, but since you know you can give sabers attributes, you can testify on my behalf. ;)
 t3rr0r
09-22-2003, 2:54 PM
you can make dual phase sabers when toying with the length. :dev7:
 cheeto101
09-23-2003, 1:27 AM
Few errors ive found. I was bustin out dual sabers with anakin, and the shield only uses one saber??? And when i tried to add anakin with two sabers, it kicks me out. Anyone else packin these probs?>

Great job by the way. Good sabers and good models. You put together a nice pack.
 Daskers
09-25-2003, 3:46 PM
Its great to see some saber packs being released. Are you planning on releasing any others, because I would really like to see other sabers like Exar Kuns double bladed saber converted.
 X3r0
09-25-2003, 4:17 PM
Ok as for the sabers pack i'm working on, it's be held off untill me and the rest of my team that i've gotten together for the new mod were planning out. Quick question tho, i need some imput for it... How many of you are content with thow the saber combat style is, please post and let me know??? What do you want to see change, what don't you want to change, is there anything that could use improvement???
Page: 1 of 1