Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Importing Selectable Models (Character Customization)

Page: 1 of 1
 garak88
09-21-2003, 7:41 PM
I've been fiddling with Character Customization, unfortunately the instructions in Skinning Tutorial given by Raven is kind of sparce and I seem to be missing some thing. I've been trying to import a model from JKO so I could select it as Jaden. I've created skin files for the head, torso, and lower sections, made icons, put the playerchoice.txt file in the directory... pretty much replicated as much as I could the files for Jaden in the Assets1.pk3. However the model does not show up on the customization screen.

Has anyone else succeeded in doing this? If so, what am I missing... or could someone write more detailed instructions?
 garak88
09-21-2003, 8:26 PM
I've had some progress with this, although I'm still missing something. I was able to get the model into the customization screen, it turns out that instead of naming the skin files head_a1 or lower_b1 as the original Jade models are labeled, you need to name them head_a or lower_b. I now have the model but it's lacking the skin.

Has anyone done this successfully? Or is it a problem with using a JO model?
 Wes Janson
09-22-2003, 5:31 AM
I know this'll sound insulting (and especially due to the fact that I know very little about modelling in general), but did you re-name the skins as well to compensate for the name change? Or is that not necessary?

And when you do get the hang of it, DO MARA NEXT!! (http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1091)
 Aaron Smith
09-23-2003, 4:26 AM
I've done it, and I named the skins Head_a1/ b1 etc. etc.
Post the exact contents of your skin files and mabye I can help.
 Prime
09-24-2003, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Aaron Smith
I've done it, and I named the skins Head_a1/ b1 etc. etc.
Post the exact contents of your skin files and mabye I can help. Could you perhaps write a little tutorial here on how to do it? :D
Page: 1 of 1