Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skinning is WAY harder now.

Page: 1 of 1
 sights0d
09-21-2003, 3:46 PM
Did anyone else notice that skinning is WAY freaking harder than it was in Outcast? I'm sitting here turning on and off surfaces and it's just taking forever! Holy Hannah!
 Hellfire Jedi
09-21-2003, 3:51 PM
My brother, is a skinner. He hasn't had any trouble thus far..
 sights0d
09-21-2003, 5:06 PM
I guess it probably depends on which models you're using. I'm trying with the jedi_hm model. Jeez... there are at least 5 torsos alone.
 Miko Reglia
09-21-2003, 8:59 PM
well the human jedi model for JA is all the torsos and body parts put together, then it uses a whole bunch of .surf commands to end up with 1 torso, 1 head, and 1 legs.
 Cosmos Jack
09-24-2003, 6:16 PM
I've done a reskin of Boba to Jango it wasn't that hard even have the jet pack in MP. It was my 1st never really tried it before. As for the quality of the skin. well lol:o
 sights0d
09-25-2003, 2:35 PM
I've just finished my first two skins (one of a swoop, one of a swoop jocky, both in flames). I'll upload some pics tonight.
 Jayna_RPG
09-26-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm having the hardest time trying to reskin the Twi'lek (jedi_tf).

I've made a skin before using the JO Twi'lek model but the one Raven made is way better... So I'm trying to use my old skin and modify it a bit to make it work with this new one...

I wonder if there's a way to use that model but instead have it like a normal skin, not the divided up skin... :confused:
 sights0d
09-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Hmmm... tough call... I finally gave up and decided to do the human_merc skin. The only thing that I can think of is that you HAVE to skin what they gave you.
 =CNR=Preacher
10-02-2003, 12:16 PM
to jayna: Since I read your (sort of request) in two diff. posts, I took the opportunity to mail you @ your hotmail...... regarding the Twi'lek.

to Sights0d..... I dunno wheter you allready figures ths out, but you could compile a default.skin by putting together the different torso/lower and head .skins file of the paerts you like.... and then tweak it down.. saves you a lot work then to manually go throught the normal default skin...
 sights0d
10-02-2003, 1:57 PM
Haven't had time this week for skinning... too much going on at work... but this afternoon I'm finally free and will give it a shot.
 Eggman Dr
10-12-2003, 10:25 PM
this is the Jedi Outcast Skinning forum hello?
 sights0d
10-13-2003, 1:30 AM
Sorry. Didn't notice.
Page: 1 of 1