Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clone Wars the Cartoon

Page: 1 of 1
 SilverUmaa
09-20-2003, 10:24 PM
If any of you don't know, Cartoon Network is going to begin airing a Clone Wars cartoon starting in November ish. It's pretty much the illegitamate lovechild of George Lucas and Samurai Jack. Now, personally I like Samurai Jack...and I adore Star Wars...

But will that really make a good combination? Or will it go the way of Planet of the Apes the animated series and simply wither and die?

Come on...I lust after some sort of conversation...
 BeastMaster
09-22-2003, 1:34 PM
Wow, this decor brings back memories.

The Clone Wars series has Genndy Tartakovsky's name attached to it, which means that I'd be very surprised if it turns out as anything less than awesome. He is the guy who created Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, and, as you said, Samurai Jack.

Unfortuanately, this is another series that I may never get to see. Frellin' Canada. Enjoy it while you can.

And now FOX has shuffled its networks, so I can't even get Shaman King, Sonic X, or Ninja Turtles. :swear:
 SilverUmaa
09-22-2003, 6:41 PM
Poor thing. From what I remember of Canadian television, you deserve every ounce of symptahy I can send your way.

And as far as thinking it'll follow trends...I've thought that before and been disappointed. I cite the second and third Jurassic Park movies. And Aladdin 2 and 3. *chuckle*

Maybe this will be one of the exceptions to the rule. Hope so, anyway.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Well the best I've seen is Samurai Jack in a horrible dutch dub o.< get your japanese names right dammit. Holds potential though.

But I dunno o.o Obi-Wan looks horrible in my opinion.
Also a shame that so far the only confirmed voice actor giving his voice to his character is Anthony Daniels (wewt!) but on the bright side most of the listed actors have voiced the character's they'll be voicing in the series before in Lucasarts games n.n

But ah well, let's wait untill november to see what the end result will be. I'm not raising my hopes too much. Than I'll either be pleasantly surprised or say "oh well, shame it wasn't an anime" and move on XD (mmm... SW Epi.II anime/manga by Nobuhiro Watsuki , famous for Rurouni Kenshin)
 SilverUmaa
09-23-2003, 12:53 AM
Manga? Where? *looks around* Kenshin?

Don't mind me. Peter's exceptionally good at getting me off topic.

Anyhow...I just am in favor of anything involving Yoda, so...*g* I'll tune in on a regular basis. Even if it sucks.

I mean, I'm watching ChickChat right now on the University station and it's horrid.
 BeastMaster
09-26-2003, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Well the best I've seen is Samurai Jack in a horrible dutch dub o.< get your japanese names right dammit.

Actually, we don't know Jack's real name.

His parents only ever called him "son," and by the time he came back to Japan to fight Aku (in the premiere, after a no-audio "growing up" sequence), he was only known as "Samurai."

"Jack" was just the name he adopted when he reached the *mumble*th century, and someone asked him who he was. When he arrived, a bunch of punks started calling him "Jack" (the same way modern punks would call him "dude," "dawg," or "man").

His own identity has no meaning for him; he defines himself by his mission --to destroy Aku.

So, he answered truthfully:They call me Jack.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-27-2003, 9:17 AM
lol, well that wasn't really my point, my point was how they do manage to mispronounce the names like Aku in the dutch dub. (When saying Aku, for example you're basically supposed to keep in the "u", or make it soft spoken, while in the dutch dub they actually stress the "u" o.< )
 BeastMaster
09-27-2003, 2:03 PM
Ah, okay.

They do that sometimes in the English original too.

Though, in their defense, it's hard to spit someone's name like a curse when it starts with a vowel. ;)
Page: 1 of 1