Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WTF? XSI 3.0 importer not working.

Page: 1 of 1
 CortoCG
09-20-2003, 8:37 PM
Ehem... guys, Raven... you forgot to supply a valid XSI importer/exporter for 3dsmax that can import the XSI files in the so called JA modelling tools =).
 Duncan_10158
09-21-2003, 2:45 PM
good point.

i couldnt import the xsi files from the JA modelling set neighter. also i couldnt find another xsi importer that works.
did somebody get the new xsi files imported? how? did you use the old xsi importer from raven with 3dsmax 5? does that work at all?

a lot of questions, but i think i come close to bring all the new animations i did finaly into JA.
 CortoCG
09-21-2003, 4:10 PM
Download the XSI importer fot 3dsmax from www.softimage.com). That will succesfully import the dotXSI files.

To find the plugin more easily I recomend you to go first to Site Map and then select Converters from one of the boxes below.
 Duncan_10158
09-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Thanks CortoCG,
i got the xsi importer plugin and it works for 3dsmax 4.2 too.

and here is the link for everyone else looking for it. but you need to be registerd to get it:
http://www.softimage.com/download/xsi/converters/max/default.htm)
 CortoCG
09-22-2003, 11:12 AM
No es nada Duncan, you're welcome =).

Another thing, Iґm working on a clean JA humanoid skeleton, Iґll release it later on tonight.
 Tragas
09-25-2003, 5:13 AM
Is the skeleton in the root.xsi file a creature from Hoth from the begining of ESB?

Also, I don't know Max so well and I'm curious to know if there's a way to do all of this in Maya and then stuff it back into Max to export it to the game engine.
 CortoCG
09-25-2003, 12:10 PM
There is a way to do the model in Maya and then finish the process in 3dsmax, no big deal at all. But hereґs what I would like to try, and I need a Maya user to do it. If you have Maya 4 or up thereґs a dotXSI exchange plugin for it at www.softimage.com).
Itґs a beta stages, but it would be cool to see if the plugin is good enough to make the models completely on Maya, then export them to .xsi and compile them with carcass.
Pls, register on my forums and I weґll get to the bottom of this (the link for it is on signature).
 Tragas
09-25-2003, 1:39 PM
Yea I tried downloading the plug in for the exporter but the instructions are incomplete or inaccurate. If anyone has the MEL script that it's supposed to make from the makefile.mak and wouldn't mind giving it to me please let me know.
Page: 1 of 1