Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Kyle Katarn Fan Site

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
09-20-2003, 2:44 PM
The Kyle Katarn Fan Site is back with a new design!

There isn't much info/content yet, but it will be uploaded ASAP...

http://www.kylekatarn.com)

What do y'all think about it?
 Katarn07
09-20-2003, 4:55 PM
Looking good :cool:

DF section seems to have the most content so far. Wonder why that is :p

Can someone with a scanner and the SW Encyclopedia please scan an image of Anoat and send it to Ack. He'd appreciate it. Sooner the images of planets are found, sooner content will appear ;)
 Ackehallgren
09-20-2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Can someone with a scanner and the SW Encyclopedia please scan an image of Anoat and send it to Ack. He'd appreciate it.

I would! :D
 topshot
09-21-2003, 2:40 AM
Hm, all I've got is the "Guide to the Star Wars Universe: 3rd Edition Revised", but I'll see if I can find a pic of Anoat in there. The odds are it's gotta be in there. ;)
 Ackehallgren
09-21-2003, 6:55 AM
Thanks a LOT dude!
This really means a lot to me!

EDIT*

Oh and if anyone, ANYONE, would be interested in making fanarts, fanfilms or fancomics, send them to ackehallgren@hotmail.com with the subject: Kyle Katarn.com

:D
 Ackehallgren
09-24-2003, 2:22 PM
site updated! JA screenshots section crawling with sreenies ;)

hows the anoat scanning going? :)
 txa1265
09-24-2003, 3:39 PM
Originally posted by Ackehallgren
site updated! JA screenshots section crawling with sreenies ;)

I'm still seeing This section has not yet been filled ...

Mike
 StormHammer
09-24-2003, 5:31 PM
Nice design...but it's not 56k friendly, I'm afraid. :/

To start with, the cool intro bit at the start...no matter how many times I clicked 'Skip' it wouldn't skip at all. :|

Also, you could do with some easier inter-page links. Like when you click on 'Fan Art' it would be nice to have all those other links on that page to skip between them easier.

And the Jedi Academy 'Planets and Places' all has the same information...which is all about Dark Forces, not Jedi Academy.

The design is good, but I think it needs a bit more work to make it more intuitive. I'm sure you'll correct any content errors as you go along. Nice site. ;)
 Ackehallgren
09-24-2003, 5:36 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Nice design...but it's not 56k friendly, I'm afraid. :/

56k?

To start with, the cool intro bit at the start...no matter how many times I clicked 'Skip' it wouldn't skip at all. :|

Ull have to wait till it starts! :D (im about to fix it)

Also, you could do with some easier inter-page links. Like when you click on 'Fan Art' it would be nice to have all those other links on that page to skip between them easier.

I dont understand what u mean--- remember im swedish :p

And the Jedi Academy 'Planets and Places' all has the same information...which is all about Dark Forces, not Jedi Academy.

Know... Havent done the facts yet... thats why ;)

The design is good, but I think it needs a bit more work to make it more intuitive. I'm sure you'll correct any content errors as you go along. Nice site. ;)
 StormHammer
09-24-2003, 5:53 PM
I'm on a 56k connection (at the moment), and the site takes quite a while to load.

The links I'm talking about...put some hyperlinks for all the Jedi Academy pages, at the top of each Jedi Academy page...like this...

[Fanfic] [Weapons] [Characters] [Planets] [etc.]...

Just so that it is easier to switch between the pages for each particular game, without pressing the Back button in the browser, or clicking the main button for each game to get back to a list of options. ;)
 Ackehallgren
09-24-2003, 6:19 PM
great idea! ill get workin on it in the weekend ;)
 txa1265
09-24-2003, 6:59 PM
Another thought (esp knowing you're non-English) is to alter the word-order in your Intro. I like the intro, it just makes no sense.

What do I mean?

Look at your sig picture. When it loads, it says 'Three - Hero - Faces - One'. That doesn't mean anything, since what you are saying is 'Three Faces, One Hero'. Even if you loaded one line at a time or something. Your site does the same - 'Hero Became 1995 In Man ... or something like that.

Mike
 topshot
09-24-2003, 9:09 PM
originally posted by Ackehallgren:

You could say that I failed because I only found info. on the Anoat system. No pics. Sorry, bud. :(
 Katarn07
09-24-2003, 10:08 PM
It's basically a blue ball with LOTS of clouds... Your pics don't have to be exact, seeing as the planets are never actually shown. Take the descriptions and use your imagination, or show a screen shot of that level. The latter may be the better solution since it'll be accurate and not made up ;)
 Ackehallgren
09-25-2003, 4:21 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
Another thought (esp knowing you're non-English) is to alter the word-order in your Intro. I like the intro, it just makes no sense.

What do I mean?

Look at your sig picture. When it loads, it says 'Three - Hero - Faces - One'. That doesn't mean anything, since what you are saying is 'Three Faces, One Hero'. Even if you loaded one line at a time or something. Your site does the same - 'Hero Became 1995 In Man ... or something like that.

Mike

Well, u could actually say i ripped the idea of the trailer for KotOR..
Its done by purpose... I think it looks cool ;) Am I wrong?

It's basically a blue ball with LOTS of clouds...

Ill try to make one in photoshop ;)
 Ackehallgren
10-08-2003, 4:35 AM
Well, the site's updated, since I just recieved an AMAZING fanart from our 3dartbuddy, Valtteri!

Check the news on the site!
 Ackehallgren
03-27-2004, 8:34 PM
AND THE SITE IS UP AGAIN...
If you feel like writing about a planet, character, weapon or anything else that isn't finished on the site go ahead ande mail it and your name to

ackehallgren@hotmail.com

:)
 Ackehallgren
06-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Site updated... Jason Court interview and Oliver Kuhlmann fanart :D

YAY! I got my own forum! http://www.kylekatarn.com/phpBB2/)
 Echo-7
09-24-2005, 11:43 AM
good job, Its cool :D
 Ackehallgren
09-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks man :D
 Liit Orda
11-29-2005, 6:11 PM
Wow, cool site!
 Echo-7
12-01-2005, 3:35 PM
i like the music - intro
 Jamps
12-07-2005, 9:54 PM
Your site rocks, just registered on the forum! :P
 Ackehallgren
12-08-2005, 2:02 AM
Thank you guys! :D You're really making me happy, although registering at the forums might be a bit unnecessary, since no ones been there for half a year... Me, Katarn 07 and Kyle Katarns Biggest Fan, were the only ones there... But it kinda faded. Thanks for all of the support though
 Jamps
12-12-2005, 7:02 PM
I'm sure your site will be a bit more active if another Jedi Knight is announced.
 Ackehallgren
12-13-2005, 6:20 AM
Yeah, of course... And hopefully this will happen in an not too distant future, however I do not know how likely it is, so all we can do is hope...
 Katarn07
12-16-2005, 2:00 PM
Me, Katarn 07 and Kyle Katarns Biggest Fan, were the only ones there... But it kinda faded.

Sorry about that dude :o I would've stayed had there been more people with something worth talking about.
 Ackehallgren
12-16-2005, 6:28 PM
I still hang around to check up on the DF Mod and stuff ^_^
I'm good... Working hard at school, and such.
Yourself?
 Katarn07
12-17-2005, 1:46 AM
Busy with college work. Got a new job over at Blockbuster 4 or 5 months ago. Doing alright I guess....
 Ackehallgren
12-19-2005, 3:28 AM
Understandable... Cool! :) Glad to see you back anyway.
 Echo-7
12-19-2005, 3:51 PM
I am on the Forum too but no one is there anymore... i didnt watch for it now for 2 weeks.
 Kranckor
02-23-2006, 7:05 PM
Why doesn't the site mention that Kyle is going to be in Empire at War.
 Ackehallgren
02-23-2006, 7:08 PM
Because I have no time and no energy and find no interest in the site for now.

Sorry :(
Page: 1 of 1