Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Have to start all over again because of a f***ing bug!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 brigand1138
09-19-2003, 10:15 PM
I've completed most of the dantooine quests, all of the manaan quests and all of the Kashyyyk quests. However I can't go further because of the bug at Tatooine with the sandpeople. No matter what I do, those turrets at the door to the enclave start firing at me. I've got the disguise, I've even tried equipping the gaffi sticks, no joy. I've also noticed that at the entrance to the sand people area (where the sandpeople just stand there) I can walk up to them in NORMAL clothes and they do nothing, if I try to talk to them it says my disguise does not work up close, but I'm not wearing it!! When I enter the sandpeople region with my disguise I keep getting ambushed by sandpeople, I would have thought this should not happen?!?!?

I've seen in another thread somone mentioning that you need to speak to the guys at the sandcrawler, thing is, I got my disguises BEFORE I saw them, I was wearing them when I approached so they attacked and I killed them, so I never had a chance to talk to them. I thought nothing of it as no dark side points were gained from killing them. So now that I can't speak to the captain at the sandcrawler my disguises won't work, AT ALL, which means I can not finish this game.

How on earth did so obvious a bug get past the testers?? What a bunch of f***ing imbeciles!!
 BruntFCA
09-30-2003, 7:37 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've had some close calls on bugs that made me go back alot. Thing is though, I save the game REALLY often. I got 150 saves by the time I finished it.

DONT rely on autosave, coz it may save a "messed up" version which is doomed, like what you had. I've had a couple of "doomed" saves to. I'm going to start a new thread on it. Hope you can at least use some sort of save..

Cheers

B
 Aqu-No Meman
03-10-2004, 2:49 AM
I had the same bug. To get around it, I brought Mission in using her stealth belton solo mode, and the turrets didn't fire on me. When I got to the door it asked for the rest of my party. I went off solo, and they just ran up to meet me... Also don't kill any of the patrolling Sand People, just the groups of 3 that ambush you.

Good luck!

DM.
 Havok2K3
04-08-2004, 4:01 PM
I beat the game twice and I don't even own it. I'm not an RPG guy or a SW guy. I learned to save before potential problems like that.
 Jedi_Prince305
05-01-2004, 1:17 AM
i had to start over on manaa the water planet , with the pums puzzle, i rented kotor and beat it in 10 days,i had to rent it twice though
 MasteRevan
05-23-2004, 3:25 PM
I had that problem too, it just, went away after awhile. If you walk in with your disguise and the sandpeople appear as enemies, just walk out of the area and try again. I don't think it has to do with the sandcrawler captain.
Page: 1 of 1